Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Here's a massive pro tip: The mercenary groups you can hire at bars are completely broken. For 2000 bucks you get a squad of super soldiers who will do all your dirty work for you. After the dust king sent me running I came back with a group of tech hunters who wiped the entire dust bandit base. Basically if you find an ancient lab or a high price bounty you can just hire these guys and let them do all the hard work.

Also gently caress the blood spiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I decided to set up a town on the northern edge of the swamp, and now every group that visits has for some reason decided to stay indefinitely. There's a tech hunter squad whose contract ended days ago, a group of mercenaries, and most recently a massive caravan of nomads and their animals. There's like 25 guys and a bunch of farm animals just hanging around and destroying anyone who dares to come in through the gate. I assume this is a bug or something cause this is just unfair to the guys trying to attack my town.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Well the nomads decided to leave after a few days. The tech hunters are still guarding my town for free though, seems like a bad business model but I don't mind. I don't have a shop in town and it's not a navmesh issue either. Seems like people just think I've hired them to guard the town for some reason.

Do the shops actually work? I read somewhere that they don't work correctly right now.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The early game really isn't that tough and you don't need to mine unless you want to. You can train your melee attack to 15 for free in squin and there's a number of unoccupied ruins around the border zone that have some semi-good loot. Once you get your athletics up a bit you can run from any fight that you can't handle. Getting your toughness up without going into recovery coma and slowly bleeding out is probably the hardest part since you're so squishy at the start.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I'm not sure what the order of the calculations is but "X effect: 0.10" means that that skill is reduce by 90%. Most Helmets and heavy armor make sneaking impossible (Unless you're using a disguise). Some items do give those 10%/20% buffs but you're not fixing that 0.1 modifier with them.