Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
I started with the small town kit. Made an outpost, got raided HARD, and ran away up north. The Holy Order didn't like that one of our crew was a robot so they enslaved us and took us to a cultish mining camp.

Our bug with a severed leg made it out early, as he had a janky limb and the slavers left him in the dust far away enough to break his shackles, while the rest did hard labor for a while. Unfortunately Bark of the Bug tribe didn't make it very far because another bandit raid took him out. RIP bark.

After starting a bunch of fights we upped our martial arts, dodge, and other stats and eventually sneaked out.

Now we're escapes with no where to go and I kinda don't know what to do. Our money is low, and all that has been explored so far is a hive village, a shek town, the hub which offers us some free beds and safety, and a few more key points.

We did manage to loot some ninja bandits and now we're rocking katanas and shinobi gear. Managed to fight off some starving bandits even.

My questions are: Where can I take the crew now? Why is the tech tree not moving with things queued up? How do I find more recruits? How about making money? The biome with the outpost kinda sucks so I might move it. I feel like I understand about 35% of the game so far after playing it for about 10 hours. Thanks for the recommendation btw it's been very fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
I have 2 different types of tables at my base. Do I have to assign someone to do research?

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
Awesome. How do I autoloot bandits to put their stuff in my storefront?

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
I met a lil dude named Beep. His stats are trash. He's annoying. He's kinda dumb as well. He's also a hive drone, so his combat potential is low a can be.

But you know what? Theres been about 20 different a-holes so far demanding 3 to 6 thousand to join me under the pretense of being the biggest and baddest. Beep is humble, and wanted nothing but to learn of the world. He is a true friend.

Also met Shryke who can hold her own against up to 3 starving bandits, and Crumplejon who is really tough for a free character and is really providing a lot for the team. Shryke has some kind of trauma regarding getting to Mogrel, and I assume Crumplejon is a retired warrior of sorts. One thing about the way these unique NPCS are portrayed is that you can gather why you are meeting them through the few dialog checks you are provided. Adds trivia without a huge backstory and leaves things open to interpret.

I have no idea how Beep ended up in Mongrel.

I'm currently at war with the holy kingdom and conflict has started with the Shek. The troops can fend for themselves but now trade has become an issue. Luckily the friendly bugmen traders stop by with new supplies every so often but they rarely carry much cash. Also despite carrying some darn good armor and having high stats, the adventure team cant manage against spiders worth a dang, mechanic or blood variety. Makes finding ancient books very difficult and I have yet to find an AI core. So far I feel like I get the game at about 70 percent. Money issues and recruitment are still a challenge.

just bob fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 14, 2018