Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

In my most recent game of this, I wanted to have a squad of half man, half robot warriors. The base game unfortunately lacks a way to intentionally amputate someone's limbs, and throwing characters into combat is unreliable when it comes to limb loss, so I started sending people into some nearby acid lakes until their appendages burned off and I could plug in cybernetic replacements.

I learned a lot about myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I think my favorite bug in this game is when you set down a person you're carrying and when they get up they shoot straight up into the air like Poochie going back to his home planet.

I too made the mental comparison between this and Mount & Blade. Mechanically the two games have very little in common, but they both have the exact same levels of ambition and jank.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

dogstile posted:

E: Also stealing is OP i guess?

Once you get to the point where you can reliably rob shops, yeah.

If you play town simulator long enough you eventually need to start organizing expeditions to get special research materials, which requires going to far-flung parts of the world.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Stark Fist posted:

Any advice for bypassing or expediting the resource grind? I want to stop but it doesn't seem like my little crew of 5 would last long out in the wastes. This game is rad but the mining is so boring.

Buy a large-ish shack in a town, build a research bench in it, buy as many books as you can, leave one guy in the shack to research while the rest of your squad galavants around the map looting books, or looting gear to sell so you can buy more books. Once you have researched the more efficient methods of resource production it becomes much less of a slog.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

buglord posted:

Twice now I've left my camp of 10 people to wander off on my own across the map. Both times I've noticed that my bases don't get raided while im gone. Are "unloaded" areas effectively paused? On one hand, my food supplies are lower when I return, so it seems like something is still going on. But the constant skin-spider raids seemingly halt when im far way enough.

You definitely can get raided while doing this, but there might be a reduced chance of it happening. Alternately, you may just be getting lucky.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Copper plates are used to build the high-end base housing. "High-end" in this case meaning they look snazzier; there is no functional difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

dogstile posted:

The roboshack one is probably the best one to go for. All the others are super dangerous, but I got a masterwork left arm from that shack.

Shame the guy inside never sleeps!

You can still steal from him if you wait until night and stick to the shadows near the entrance of his shack