Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I've had fun with this game but dear lord the grind. The grind!

Grindshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I find myself enjoying this game much more with crafting and building jacked all the way up and hunger down significantly. You can still spend dozens of hours doing tedious bullshit even with the faster speeds, if you want. But it frees up a lot of time for doing the actual fun stuff: fighting and exploring.

It doesn't feel cheesy at all. Though the game can be cheesy as hell in many other ways, laffo. It really tricked me at first. The game makes you think its gonna be all stern with you but after learning it you realize it will let you get away with any flavor of ridiculous bullshit.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Cardiovorax posted:

It's totally OK to both treat base building as the first thing you do in a new game and to hold back on it until you feel you're established. The game is completely capable of and built around handling either of these. It's part of what makes Kenshi so fun: you genuinely can play it your way.

IMO you shouldnt build a base early on unless you know what you are doing. Once you understand what's up, those raids are a huge boon even with lovely characters who cant handle them. Until you understand how to make that so, a base is just a ball and chain and you'd likely be better off training some guys up and/or making some loving money without having a base which you dont understand how to defend.

I love shek provings btw. They just beat your rear end in and then go the gently caress away. Thanx for the training fellas! Plus its super rewarding when you can finally best the mob.

EDIT: I second squinn as a base city. Those ruined longhouses are big and cheap, the location is central and not very dangerous. The street through town also makes for a good protected path to sneak back and forth down easily for sneak/str training.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 15, 2019

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Der Waffle Mous posted:

still not sure if the 5 nobodies start (marked as "easy") consistently starting me in the middle of the land of screaming robot hordes and orbital lasers is a bug or a mean joke.

It's an annoying start for logistical reasons too. Five bodies instead of one (or two if you count hobbs) doesnt gain you a lot of utility in the very early game compared to the headache of keeping them all fed and safe when you have little money and less skillz.

I think it might be some kind of bug though, because iirc the few times I've tried that one it set me down near the hub.