Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've seen this game in the steam store for years and always passed on it because the screenshots made it look like dogshit.

I finally bought it a few days ago and have been playing it when I can and holy poo poo, it is the jank of all jank and doesn't look that good but it is amazing and fun as hell, I've been a moron for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I was wandering through the desert at night and the camera angle go into a position of looking up at the sky with the planets and stars in the backdrop and I did go huh this is actually very pretty.

Also, I have a base and I have a training room where prisoners are well kept, but whenever I send in a trainee the entire base will run to their defense. I want them to run to the defense of people if the gates are breached but not if someone is fighting in the training room. Right now I just sit an wait for people to run to the building then grab them and put them on hold, but is there someway to change this so I don't have to do that every time?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 22, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Okay thanks for the tips, I am in the middle of a major expansion to my base so I think I'll create a private condo down the street for the well kept prisoners to enjoy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

staberind posted:

some of the places in Kenshi could do with being covered in neon though.

There is probably a mod for that

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I too hope Kenshi 2 has a job system more in line with Rimworld.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kenshi 2 when plz

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kenshi 2 whennnn

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

I like to put my melee guys in front of the gate. The gate by itself won’t buy the shooters much more time, but if the melee squad have it at their backs nobody can run past them to harass the workers.

Also, if your lucky, your own harpoons might take a leg or arm off one of your own guys.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

JosefStalinator posted:

Finally giving this game a go - is there a good video guide with some stuff to do early game to get a feel for the mechanics?

Go fight the first thing you find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The flesh is weak, the iron is storng