Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I'm curious if anyone can give any insight on this game. Is it fun as it is now in early access? I'm interested in playing a more "in depth" mount and blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I've just gotten into vanilla for a bit and want to try out some mods. I tried out this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222324217&searchtext=general

Would this work with the economy mod? Or does the general mod fix most of the same things economy-wise? Sorry, I feel stupid about this

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

I don't know if base building is ever necessary or the correct thing to do. On my most progressed game my ultimate goal is to wipe out the Holy Nation for the Shek. I'm set up in Squin with a couple of buildings that house all of my crafting and storage needs. I make than enough money for food and mats by raiding ancient ruins and going after bounties. I don't see much of a reason to build a base on this run and I doubt I ever will. Base building is fun and challenging though and you could exclusively focus on it if you wanted to which I probably will on my next play through. You can really do whatever you want and I appreciate that aspect of the game.

I agree wholly. I've been playing a lot lately and I have one save where I finally got a nice city build in Shem, but I abandoned it because it wasn't as fun to me as starting a new game with the slaver start and trying to make a group of roving badasses. It's more fun for me to just have a couple of guys that I can get attached to then having 20 guys that their sole job is to carry poo poo from one location to another

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Greader posted:

lmao if you didn't spend your first hours of the game just running a character with an inventory full of the heaviest poo poo you can find in circles manually till they hit max strength.

One really dumb idea I had which I should maybe put into action when I got some time to play again: What happens if you make a fortress with the best possible gates, turrets and such. train up a squad of elite snipers that got 100 perception and turret skills and then decide to piss off literally every single faction in the game? I'd hope it ends with constant waves of attackers throwing themselves at your gates as well as fighting each other as Shek fight Holy Nation zealots fighting Skeletons and god knows what else. Maybe bonus points if you build the base in the fog lands or one of those beak things infested places where even on the quiet days you have constant murder happening at your front door.

show me