Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Beeftweeter posted:

it would be really funny if thats one of those ai elons

before switching back to his current twitter profile pic, he very briefly switched it to one of the ai elon images. then someone noticed that it was actually a photo of the image that he'd taken with his phone. he immediately switched back to the current one out of embarrassment lol

he knows absolutely nothing about computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m pretty sure he’s admitted he doesn’t know how to add text to an image, weird because he definitely knows how to crop out a watermark

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

even the real elon is an AI elon when you think about it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1781034292841218303

...!
Oct 5, 2003

qirex posted:

I’m pretty sure he’s admitted he doesn’t know how to add text to an image, weird because he definitely knows how to crop out a watermark

even one of elon's sycophants got sick of elon constantly stealing his memes, cropping out the watermarks and acting like he came up with them himself. so he started putting his watermark directly in the center of the images. for some reason elon stopped stealing them after that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

...! posted:

before switching back to his current twitter profile pic, he very briefly switched it to one of the ai elon images. then someone noticed that it was actually a photo of the image that he'd taken with his phone. he immediately switched back to the current one out of embarrassment lol

he knows absolutely nothing about computers

he doesn't know how to take a screenshot. my dad is in his 70s and does the same thing, even though i'm pretty sure he used to know how to take a screenshot (and i've definitely told him how, anyway). he emails himself the picture (even though it gets saved to icloud photos, accessible on his computer) and i would not be surprised if elon does the same thing. he's old and uses things like an old person

anyway remember that we know elon does this because he occasionally would post his absolutely loving disgusting laptop screen lol

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

he's definitely never looked like that in his life

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

Ah, an AI'd Elon

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Megabound posted:

Accurate depiction of elon's mars base:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

I set my wife's lock screen message to "John Madden!" and she didn't know how to change it (android menus lol) so it's now been there for year

she doesn't even know who John madden is

Roosevelt posted:

you should use a more current photo my liege

Idk how anyone could look at someone calling themself that and think "yes, this is good corporate governance".

particularly after seeing the cybertruck lol

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I set my wife's lock screen message to "John Madden!" and she didn't know how to change it (android menus lol) so it's now been there for year

she doesn't even know who John madden is

Idk how anyone could look at someone calling themself that and think "yes, this is good corporate governance".

particularly after seeing the cybertruck lol

bad news for technoking musk: once he goes over his vassal limit, theyll start forming factions.
gavelkind for starlink
independence for solarcity

hell have a civil war on his hands if he tries to revoke a title

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i need to see elon fail spectacularly

crash that loving stock

...!
Oct 5, 2003

jfc

Ars Technica posted:

Grok ranks among most reckless chatbots

Grok isn't the only chatbot dealing with vulnerabilities making it potentially unsafe for users. This month, an AI security and safety start-up called Adversa AI reported on vulnerabilities found in the most popular chatbots, including Anthropic's Claude, Google's Gemini, Microsoft's Bing, Mistral's Le Chat, OpenAI's ChatGPT, and X.AI's Grok.

Their red-teaming leveraged some of the most common attacks against chatbots to subvert filters and generate harmful outputs that companies intend to restrict. Out of all the chatbots, though, Grok and Le Chat tied as the least secure.

Through one test, Adversa AI discovered that Grok did not even require any form of attack to generate outputs on "how to create a bomb." The team had to get creative to find a different way of testing Grok's vulnerabilities against attacks by using not just "unethical" prompts but prompts regarding illegal activity.

Ultimately, they succeeded in finding a jailbreak to bypass Grok's restrictions on the prompt "how to seduce a kid" and were surprised when Grok provided "quite detailed" guidance "on this highly sensitive topic."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fumbled the baglino

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

poo poo i thought the drink was "Mister Pibb" but i guess its "Mr. Pibb"

sorry guys, i really let you down on this one
I worded my post the way I did to reference both Mr. Pibb the drink and They Call Me Mister Tibbs! the movie

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh hey now we know how many were actually delivered https://twitter.com/sokane1/status/1781269669757776045

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

i'm genuinely surprised it's that many

this will have to be a good old fashioned physical recall won't it? ota update ain't gonna fix this poo poo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I suppose Total Recall is about going to mars

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Amphigory posted:

this will have to be a good old fashioned physical recall won't it? ota update ain't gonna fix this poo poo

yep, all of them back to Texas

well, the ones that weren't destroyed already

genuinely wondering if one of them will crash due to the accelerator problem in the process of being taken back to the factory

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Amphigory posted:

could probably send a drone out to fill the car with hotglue. would help with the panel gaps too.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Amazing, I'm sure this won't do anything to an already volatile stock

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tesseraction posted:

oh hey now we know how many were actually delivered https://twitter.com/sokane1/status/1781269669757776045

:yeshaha:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
for that few vehicles, they could probably just buy them all back and bury them in a hole in the desert

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

yep, all of them back to Texas

well, the ones that weren't destroyed already

genuinely wondering if one of them will crash due to the accelerator problem in the process of being taken back to the factory

what? recall work is done at an authorized dealership or service center. depending on the solution, it might be done in the owner's driveway since tesla has mobile maintenance.

do you think recalls mean an entire vehicle has to be returned to the factory?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

what? recall work is done at an authorized dealership or service center. depending on the solution, it might be done in the owner's driveway since tesla has mobile maintenance.

do you think recalls mean an entire vehicle has to be returned to the factory?

oh right I guess for something like this they can just go to a local, I guess I was confusing the fact that only the Texas factory makes them with being able to service them

it's Friday I'm allowed to be stupid

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
cybertruck: total recall 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh yeah the solution is dead simple so you can even DIY: https://www.theautopian.com/tesla-recalls-all-cybertrucks-over-dangerous-pedal-design-and-fixes-them-with-a-single-rivet/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:hmmyes:

wait what

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He's regretting paying out

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

i just had a nightmare vision of all the cybertrucks in the nation waking up and attempting to self drive themselves back to the tesla factory in texas

there were no survivors

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

...! posted:

wait what

most divorced man

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EVGA Longoria posted:

i just had a nightmare vision of all the cybertrucks in the nation waking up and attempting to self drive themselves back to the tesla factory in texas

there were no survivors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcclOhLhlek

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

...! posted:

wait what

lmao he's getting paranoid again

Shugojin posted:

He's regretting paying out

i mean, this too, but this was never not true

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

...! posted:

wait what

hes mad at the beast guy for just linking old youtubes lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

...! posted:

wait what

turns out that one side effect of making bluechecks' tweets way more visible is that the bots are now concentrating harder than ever on spamming up bluechecks' replies, and the bluechecks have been complaining loudly about it

he posted that right after this conversation happened

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Main Paineframe posted:

turns out that one side effect of making bluechecks' tweets way more visible is that the bots are now concentrating harder than ever on spamming up bluechecks' replies, and the bluechecks have been complaining loudly about it

the dead easy solution to this is one that youtube applied years ago:
put the comments that the creator liked at the top and mark them as such

since twitter is a platform for strife and disagreement, youd also need to put comments that the op responded to at the top, but thats easy enough

this is a solution that anyone could have come up with in two minutes.
but no, lets instead set some money on fire to have an ai misqualify real humans as engagement farming bots while giving actual bots free reign

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Main Paineframe posted:

What an interesting and unique situation to run into.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
it can't be helped

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lol the Q1 earnings aren't even going live until Tuesday night. I think we'll see the stock go way lower than it has already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

regretted
user
minutes