Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol the Q1 earnings aren't even going live until Tuesday night. I think we'll see the stock go way lower than it has already.

i can only hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They've sold less than 3900 cybotrucks? lol lmao

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

FuturePastNow posted:

They've sold less than 3900 cybotrucks? lol lmao

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i'm so happy we finally got a number. he was really saying they could make a quarter million a year lol.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

They've sold less than 6969 cybotrucks? lol lmao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if he was smart they would have sold it as a limited edition, kept it hand built so there might be some semblance of quality and sold 1000 of them for 250 grand or w/e instead of thinking it was a mass market model and spinning up a full production line but this is a much funnier outcome

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

i do think it's hilarious that Tesla's stock has wiped out any gains it made over the past year. still vastly overvalued, but it's a start.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Trillhouse posted:

i'm so happy we finally got a number. he was really saying they could make a quarter million a year lol.

i find it hilarious when bazingas try to say, as a counter to that chart, that tesla makes changes all the time to the vehicles as that's some sort of positive.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

someone seems to be pumping the everliving gently caress out of the stock today, it is zigzagging desperately up and down

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

if he was smart
ima stop u right there

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

it would be really funny if thats one of those ai elons

what about an ATL elon? is this anything?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

someone seems to be pumping the everliving gently caress out of the stock today, it is zigzagging desperately up and down

just normal market behavior

somebody really wants it over 150

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

i don't know anything about the stock market. why would someone be really invested (tee hee) in the stock being above a specific number? is it literally elon trying to get some sort of bonus package?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

battle of the algorithms possibly (a bunch with 150 buy orders and others with 150 sell orders)

its also friday so maybe no one isn't hungover enough to update their price targets

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DarkSol posted:

i find it hilarious when bazingas try to say, as a counter to that chart, that tesla makes changes all the time to the vehicles as that's some sort of positive.

but its true

just today, they're making changes to every single cybertruck on the road!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

qirex posted:

just normal market behavior

FSD now enabled for all tesla investors

friday share devaluing

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i don't know anything about the stock market. why would someone be really invested (tee hee) in the stock being above a specific number? is it literally elon trying to get some sort of bonus package?

options

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

let's say you are a billionaire and you need some liquid cash. you *could* sell some of the stock that makes you a billionaire, but that would create a taxable event and possibly require a bunch of paperwork if you're an officer of a company you hold stock in. hypothetically. so, rather than do this, you go to a bank and ask for a loan, staking some of that stock as collateral. well, the bank isn't completely stupid and says "sure, but we want to be sure we get our money back, so if the price of this collateralized stock drops to $x for a certain period (where $x means they get the value of the loan plus some extra, as a treat), we will take the stock and sell it and you'll be free and clear of the loan"

so if you're this hypothetical billionaire, you do not want the price to drop to this level since you will lose your stock

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

let's say you are a billionaire and you need some liquid cash. you *could* sell some of the stock that makes you a billionaire, but that would create a taxable event and possibly require a bunch of paperwork if you're an officer of a company you hold stock in. hypothetically. so, rather than do this, you go to a bank and ask for a loan, staking some of that stock as collateral. well, the bank isn't completely stupid and says "sure, but we want to be sure we get our money back, so if the price of this collateralized stock drops to $x for a certain period (where $x means they get the value of the loan plus some extra, as a treat), we will take the stock and sell it and you'll be free and clear of the loan"

so if you're this hypothetical billionaire, you do not want the price to drop to this level since you will lose your stock

so yeah, elon might want to stock to stay over a certain amount if this is the arrangement he has (which we don't know), but the second step in the conspiracy theory here, "therefore elon is the one desperately shoveling the money that he borrowed back into buying the stock (instead of repaying the loan?)" doesn't make any kind of sense (and also isn't true)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it may not be true, it may not make sense, but both those things are the only skills elon has

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when there’s spikes like this around round numbers that’s typically somebody has a collateralized loan or a big swap/option trade. no algorithm cares about exactly 150.00 unless a human told it to

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

dont read too much into it

stock prices take a random walk around where they're going to end up. remember: the price winds up where the number of sellers equals the number of buyers. minute-by-minute, buyers or sellers arrive randomly and prices go up or down.

people like round numbers and occasionally prices seem stickier around round numbers, especially if stuff is mostly traded by people and not firms/robots (a lot more people will say "im gonna sell/buy at $150 than at $151 or $149), but trying to divine stuff from stock market charts is basically entrail-reading

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I am here for the entrails.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
So he's going to suspend himself and all his sycophants right?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i really dont know if i hate elon or dogeman more lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i hate elon more

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Endless Mike posted:

i hate elon more

:same:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hate elon more but dogeman is somehow even more pathetic.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

i hate elon more

:hmmyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

good way to put it yeah

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

elon. without him we wouldn't have the other guy

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sagebrush posted:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

turns out that one side effect of making bluechecks' tweets way more visible is that the bots are now concentrating harder than ever on spamming up bluechecks' replies, and the bluechecks have been complaining loudly about it

he posted that right after this conversation happened

"one of my favourite part of reading YouTube comments..." - a thing said by a perfectly normal person

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

elon has done real harm to a lot of people. doge guy is just pitiful and disgusting

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Doge guy is absolutely the kind of guy who would rat out the Jews hiding in the neighbor's attic to the Nazis.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

gschmidl posted:

Doge guy is absolutely the kind of guy who would rat out the Jews hiding in the neighbor's attic to the Nazis.

actually he would be designing card components for the nazi's fart app

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I did see this version of the meme posted earlier on discord about dogedesigner

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Pinterest Mom posted:

so yeah, elon might want to stock to stay over a certain amount if this is the arrangement he has (which we don't know), but the second step in the conspiracy theory here, "therefore elon is the one desperately shoveling the money that he borrowed back into buying the stock (instead of repaying the loan?)" doesn't make any kind of sense (and also isn't true)

he might not be the only one with a loan at that number
he might not be shoveling his own money if he has some network of other rich idiot friends he can get high with and convince to do the poo poo
it might not be possible to pay back the loan in full if it's some huge chunk of billions of dollars for twitter or whatever
he might have enough stock outside of the loan that it still benefits him more to attempt to keep it above 150 for reasons

there's probably more. the financial system is intentionally a loving tangle of made up bullshit and indirection, and when you get rich enough...

also, he's a loving idiot, spends large swaths of time on various drugs, believes current llms are as smart as humans, thinks he can just hold another vote to get his pay package, and showed up to court in texas with an attorney not licensed or admitted in texas, DESPITE HAVING A TEXAS LAW FIRM RETAINED FOR THE CASE, if you wanna apply common sense you might be disappointed

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ryanrs posted:

I am here for the entrails.

it's called "technical analysis".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

... offer does not apply if the laws are Brazilian.