Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

alahumdulillah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
so that must be the "thin elon" prompt :thunk:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

so that must be the "thin elon" prompt :thunk:

unfortunately, "thin elon" is not in the wide data of the future that i, the grok intelligence has ascertained. there may be multiple reasons for this: a) elon, assuming musk, will never be thin in any universe; b) i, grok, am made up from whole cloth and do not exist even as a prototype; c) farts, from silent to loud, on a scale: fis skid prut, bit on a scale of smell: prut fis skid. makes you think

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I’m convinced Elon is a retarded Dalik.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

unfortunately, "thin elon" is not in the wide data of the future that i, the grok intelligence has ascertained. there may be multiple reasons for this: a) elon, assuming musk, will never be thin in any universe; b) i, grok, am made up from whole cloth and do not exist even as a prototype; c) farts, from silent to loud, on a scale: fis skid prut, bit on a scale of smell: prut fis skid. makes you think

lol you'd think elon would be in wide data

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

lol you'd think elon would be in wide data

ye lol but he filters the data (not proactively but every time grok says something "wrong" he def does drop in filters and ~extra training material~)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
was just thinking about the phrase "wide data" and now i want to see a video of mr. data walking around like bolsonaro

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

was just thinking about the phrase "wide data" and now i want to see a video of data walking around like bolsonaro

lmao yes i can see it in my head too now rofl

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao yes i can see it in my head too now rofl

if only there were some kind of software we could input "a video of wide data from star trek tng walking around like bolsonaro" into and it'd spit it out. oh well,

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

if only there were some kind of software we could input "a video of wide data from star trek tng walking around like bolsonaro" into and it'd spit it out. oh well,

theres a lot of software where you can write that in, but none of them will understand or do it right for some reason

otoh you could probably write a 50 line script to do it. try asking for that instead. in node or python, iirc theyre the most popular on snack overflow

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just clicked the "stutter cut" and did he really do a speach on a scene in some tesla back yard upen air poo poo? ohhh god you cant do that irl. not the open air but the bigass company pretending to be small. nope nope nope

If I remember the original CSS video this is the companion to, that's the Space X Boca Chica site + staff and he made them turn up on a Saturday to deliver a speech actually intended to be shown to his credulous rubes.

He also announced there that going forwards all the real launches will happen at Cape Canaveral, so basically telling his staff that after he's done raining superheavy debris on them until it successfully gets to space, everyone will be redundant.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’m convinced Elon is a retarded Dalik.

"Grahms, ecksteerminate dem!"

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 26, 2024

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

stdh.x

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The secret machete killer in SF who killed 3 people and no-one reported it at the time.

Truly the woke mind virus is so powerful it erased entire murders from history.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

someone do an animorphs cover of Elon getting fatter and turning into a cybertruck tia

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I am having car problems, please feel bad for me, son,
Mine's got 99 problems and a boer is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81x2XRtVKh8

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gschmidl posted:

I am having car problems, please feel bad for me, son,
Mine's got 99 problems and a boer is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81x2XRtVKh8

lol at enumerating the grievances then saying he still loves the car tho

also that his wife comforts him by saying "oh honey you knew this would be a piece of shite" and that somehow makes him feel better

also Jesus Christ now he's pro climate change https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1783738055549239562

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I hope the wildfires burn his house down

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
elon musk is famously homeless

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
then i hope some pigs come in and wreck his stupid manufacturing tents

...hang on, i am getting some breaking news here,

elon has become so large they've needed to upgrade him from a 1br/0ba "manufacturing" to a 1br-ba "circus"

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 26, 2024

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

elon musk is a toilet

e; lol that video

frunk sunk, but it's fine cause all the cybbertkkks on the lot look like poo poo too
windshield has a crease? in it somehow
ceiling gear shifter for car guessing drive direction fell off
mystery creaks when turning
accelerator pedal recall, hosed up the rivet
tailgate controls don't work, then they do, then the tailgate starts opening itself and won't close
parade of warnings/errors on the screen

love the car

$120k

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 26, 2024

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

elon musk is a toilet

You have said the actual truth.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

every single time there's a video about someone getting a tesla they do the "i checked it out for problems when i took delivery, saw three things, the panels didn't align and the windshield squeaked and the trim was peeling, but i put in a service request to get it fixed just a week later," etc

i have never bought a new car. is this a thing you have to do with any other company's products? just expect it to have some number of fuckups from the factory and you gotta find them?

(i am sure the answer is no. toyota would have engineers committing seppuku if that was happening)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

no it’s not. the dealer is supposed to fix that poo poo before it goes on sale

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

every single time there's a video about someone getting a tesla they do the "i checked it out for problems when i took delivery, saw three things, the panels didn't align and the windshield squeaked and the trim was peeling, but i put in a service request to get it fixed just a week later," etc

i have never bought a new car. is this a thing you have to do with any other company's products? just expect it to have some number of fuckups from the factory and you gotta find them?

(i am sure the answer is no. toyota would have engineers committing seppuku if that was happening)

tesla issues a recall because their accelerator pedal literally falls apart

subaru issued a recall of my parent's forester because they identified that a small batch of vehicles may have had a bolt torqued incorrectly, and it may result in a problem years down the road. "bring it in, it will take 10 minutes, and we'll give you half-off an oil change and top off your washer fluid for your trouble"

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Who dat?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

okay l m f a o @ this part of the video too.

he went to some cybertruck event and they were doing the gas pedal recall on the spot. here is the man doing it as we've seen before, with a 3d printed jig and a hand drill and a pop rivet.

here is the fix on the youtuber's particular vehicle

isn't the rivet supposed to hold the metal piece in place? it probably shouldn't go through the edge of the panel like that....

yep it's supposed to ("supposed to") look like this:

why is his different?

because they did the fix WRONG. the pedal had already slid up -- which is the very thing the recall is supposed to be addressing -- and the "technician" didn't loving notice and didn't put the pedal back where it goes before drilling and just drilled the hole where the jig put it. and then he put the rivet in that hole still without putting even the tiniest amount of thought into the process. if anything, this actually locks the pedal forwards in the unsafe position!!!!! aaaaaaA!!!!!!!

and the youtuber's response? quote:

"they told me to come back immediately...they fixed it...they did a temp fix on my accelerator pedal. the problem was it was sliding up, so the rivet isn't where it should be -- the pedal's too high. so they knocked it down, they punched a hole in it, another hole, there is the original hole in the bottom, they're going to order me a new part and fix it. whatever. i'm just happy they did right by me."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
like at least 80% of the pedal jobs we've seen itt have been like that. idk if that's just because we're seeing particularly shoddy work due to the thread's nature or if the majority of them are being done wrong, but my money would be on the latter

i really wonder at what point they're just banned from the roads entirely. seems like never, but maybe if a few people die first they might get around to it in like 12 years

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sagebrush posted:

I’ve bought a couple of new cars but have never “taken delivery” since I just get them from a dealership and look over them and do a test drive and drive away since I don’t have to wonder if the windshield on a Volkswagen squeaks I just take it on faith that it doesnt

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
$100,000 truck lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Silver Alicorn posted:

no it’s not. the dealer is supposed to fix that poo poo before it goes on sale

[elonishly] ah but what if we didn't have dealers, then nobody has to fix it

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sagebrush posted:

i've leased 3 shiny new mazda 3s since 2015, all with less than 100 miles on delivery, and no, it's not. there were no panel alignments issues or weird squeaks or rattles or leaks or anything. in the time we've had them, i think there were 2 minor recall issues we had fixed while they were in for oil changes.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

My bosses bosses boss quoted from elon musks biography in an earnest way during a recent town hall and it was a huge negative strike against him in my mind, like oh poo poo this guy might be be dumb

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The woman whose face is edited into the meme it's a British climate activist who is not some radical commie just someone who thinks wildfires are bad.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
if your ceo is reading that book as anything other than a cautionary tale it might be time to jump ship

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

ADINSX posted:

My bosses bosses boss quoted from elon musks biography in an earnest way during a recent town hall and it was a huge negative strike against him in my mind, like oh poo poo this guy might be be dumb

I have a quote of Elon in one of the trainings I give. One showing him to be an absolute idiot.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

"they told me to come back immediately...they fixed it...they did a temp fix on my accelerator pedal. the problem was it was sliding up, so the rivet isn't where it should be -- the pedal's too high. so they knocked it down, they punched a hole in it, another hole, there is the original hole in the bottom, they're going to order me a new part and fix it. whatever. i'm just happy they did right by me."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stockholm Syndrome meets the Sunk Cost Fallacy

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
from the osha thread

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Beeftweeter posted:

i really wonder at what point they're just banned from the roads entirely. seems like never, but maybe if a few people die first they might get around to it in like 12 years

A while ago I'd have said "until it kills someone rich and/or famous" but a Tesla killed a billionaire and nothing happened (of course, Teslas should continue to do that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

fins posted:

from the osha thread

don’t worry. it can tell the difference between a real finger and a vegetable