Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Agronox posted:

no idea why you guys are throwing so much poo poo at someone trying to save humanity. guess it’s easier to bitch and complain from mom’s basement than actually try to help the world yourselves

Useless nerds making fun of people actually doing something productive in the world is what SA is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fredrik1 posted:

Useless nerds making fun of people actually doing something productive in the world is what SA is all about.

hey buddy you want me to think up ways to kill a dozen vietnamese kids in a cave ill happily do that all day

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al! posted:

hey buddy you want me to think up ways to kill a dozen vietnamese kids in a cave ill happily do that all day

bob mueller is that you

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016443130017505280

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Al! posted:

elon musk is an egregious stroke

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the people replying to musk tweets are the normiest of normies.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

power word- Jeb! posted:

for some reason i keep thinking about the goon zipline

gently caress someone beat me to this take and i missed it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the people replying to musk tweets are the normiest of normies.

There was one dude I found who had a Elan #1 custom plate for his Tesla

:ughh:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

There was one dude I found who had a Elan #1 custom plate for his Tesla

:ughh:

did it have the misspelled name

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

did it have the misspelled name

It might have, which makes sense, some other quicker Musk stanner probably got the "Elon" one

Or my high rear end made a typo, either or.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
are you sure you didn’t misread it and he just likes flan

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Elon musk is bald, google it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there's a camera inside the kidsub to Livestream their drownings

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Over Easy posted:

Elon musk is bald, google it

i found this photo of elon during his paypal days

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1013568043065241601?s=09

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

its made out of rocket parts

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

just imagine being the kind of person who reads "made of rocket parts" and is legitimately impressed by that fact

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Love the "Thailand is so beautiful" dropped in at the end like some sick kind of "wish you were here! With these terrified starving trapped children!"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Fredrik1 posted:

I would say I didn't feel terribly strongly about musk until he stuck his nose in the current Big Problem In The News while have no experience, expertise or authority other than being really wealthy and having a lot of fans. If he was a good guy, he would've just provided money or whatever but instead he very publicly tried to prove he can outsmart people who dedicate a lot more of their lives to being legit heroes instead of narcissistic billionaires desperate for attention.

Just look at that the diameter of the sub/tube, it's straight up too wide to be of any use when a cave requires individual divers to remove their tanks to pass through certain passages. The whole situation reeks of coopting a tragedy for PR and it's that which is pushing random dudes on a gay dead forum to no longer excuse his more easily dismissed flaws in the name of "the betterment of mankind". Lots of other people and companies are doing the same poo poo, just with a much lower profile.

I'm real mad bout' elon on the internet but mc rib is back so I'll be havin' one of those

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

WampaLord posted:

Love the "Thailand is so beautiful" dropped in at the end like some sick kind of "wish you were here! With these terrified starving trapped children!"
it's how tormp would have tweeted it

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Like, part of being an OK engineer or designer or whatever is saying "Hey, I am EXTREMELY UNQUALIFIED to design something that people's loving lives will depend on". Even if the world wants to suck you off and pretend you are literally LE REAL TONY STARK, you have a responsibility to step away from the problem and let more qualified people deal with it. It's sorta like you wouldn't try to perform heart surgery on someone if you're a pharmacist. What he tried to do is basically really lovely from an engineering ethics standpoint.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
musk doesn't have to worry about things like engineering ethics because he isn't actually an engineer

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

ur in my world now posted:

musk doesn't have to worry about things like engineering ethics because he isn't actually an engineer

Disrupting the X industry by having literally no ethics and being like 5 years ahead of legislation to reign your poo poo in is the only direction our economy can expand in if we want to escape the post-industrial malaise of having a developed country

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Marzzle posted:

Like, part of being an OK engineer or designer or whatever is saying "Hey, I am EXTREMELY UNQUALIFIED to design something that people's loving lives will depend on". Even if the world wants to suck you off and pretend you are literally LE REAL TONY STARK, you have a responsibility to step away from the problem and let more qualified people deal with it. It's sorta like you wouldn't try to perform heart surgery on someone if you're a pharmacist. What he tried to do is basically really lovely from an engineering ethics standpoint.

cocaine is a helluva drug

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

disrupting the surgery industry by letting a random guy with a meat cleaver go to town on your idiot flesh for like 1% of what the hospital charges

it's the most affordable healthcare you're gonna get in america so don't bitch

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
impourtant thread, thank you

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

i found this photo of elon during his paypal days

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1013568043065241601?s=09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVYhlQuBEtI

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1016561200396525568?s=21

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
what if.... child coffins, but crypto?

deadkidcoin

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its a good thing elon has a bunch of time to pull a bunch of engineers off their actual jobs to make a pressurized tube and also personally fly out to the opposite side of the world to do nothing but take some pictures. and doesnt have anything else going on that he needs to concern himself with or has claimed he's working around the clock doing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

its a good thing elon has a bunch of time to pull a bunch of engineers off their actual jobs to make a pressurized tube and also personally fly out to the opposite side of the world to do nothing but take some pictures. and doesnt have anything else going on that he needs to concern himself with or has claimed he's working around the clock doing

for someone supposedly running multiple companies he sure had a lot of time to bullshit on twitter and do pointless projects

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

for someone supposedly running multiple companies he sure had a lot of time to bullshit on twitter and do pointless projects

but enough about trump

Musk is pretty bad too

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/Notagoodperson1/status/1016565619762724865

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
no loving poo poo huh

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

lorn Wayne posted:

im surprised he hasn't tried to profit from gun violence yet with some kind of magnetic field that actually attracts more bullets somehow from other guns

(has he?)

guns that only work against poor people

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lamebot posted:

guns that only work against poor people

ive got it! what about a kind of app where you can put in a request on your phone and someone will show up and shoot a poor person you saw

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

ive got it! what about a kind of app where you can put in a request on your phone and someone will show up and shoot a poor person you saw

Valley unicorn right here

how many Steve Jobs turtlenecks should I put you down for?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

like what's the process for this, is he sitting on a beanbag watching a giant twitter screen with smithers grimes at his side and just calls up someone who he literal pays to sit around designing his idiot ideas like "hey we need a widget for these cave kids out got anything down there, make it look like something we already sell"

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Agronox posted:

no idea why you guys are throwing so much poo poo at someone trying to save humanity. guess it’s easier to bitch and complain from mom’s basement than actually try to help the world yourselves

gonna save humanity by selling literal flamethrowers in California during a drought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

ferroque posted:

ELON: I'm here to disrupt a monopolistic industry that for too long has shut out the private consumer. SpaceX will soon be launching its nuclear weapons program, and I'm confident we will be able to bring the innovation, creativity and efficiency of private industry to this long-stagnant field.

METAL GEAR?!