Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

perhaps it is this dangerously irreverent and disrespectful attitude that got you in such hot water with the god of spines, richard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Holy spirit is the superior trinitarium member in my opinion.

4. wasn't a glory hog like jesus

Are you kidding? That useless fucker takes credit for every single little thing any Christian does.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also Jesus probably wasn't real and is a composite character.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Imagine if your whole identity was based on how hard you got owned

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Devils Affricate posted:

Im posting on SomeThing Awful Internet Comedy Forums LLC... I dont have to imagine.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah but it was his plan the whole time, so really its us who got owned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Eight year olds, dude.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Devils Affricate posted:

I’m trying to put myself in your shoes

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Bip Roberts posted:

Also Jesus probably wasn't real and is a composite character.

So they had to put like hundreds on people on the cross?

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

So they had to put like hundreds on people on the cross?

Literally yes.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Why do we look up to Jesus/God? Too mamy reasons to enumerate here. If you really want to know, go read stuff by people who believe in Jesus/God and don't hate Him, including history (the New Testament). Or diss it and die, I suppose. It'd be a shame to lose your gift if eternal life due to contempt prior to thorough investigation.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
# of people who created an internet forum: probably a lot

# of people who literally conquered fuckin death: 1

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
If you really want to understand I suggest you watch The Matrix Revolutions, op. It's like the bible but they put computers in to make it relatable.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

pixie delights
Mar 31, 2005
oy.
He's got that BDE, obvs.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

God bless Vlad.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Well, I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9w9EiLTZ_A

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ad by Khad posted:

Yeah but how many people have run an internet forum for nearly two decades? Checkmate Jesus

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Can you even shitpost, Jesus?

lilbeanbear
Jun 30, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus wept... Out his dick.

Ayyyyyy lamo!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

Why do we look up to Jesus/God? Too mamy reasons to enumerate here. If you really want to know, go read stuff by people who believe in Jesus/God and don't hate Him, including history (the New Testament). Or diss it and die, I suppose. It'd be a shame to lose your gift if eternal life due to contempt prior to thorough investigation.

See but the people who believe in Jesus/God are literally retarded.

E: look up to Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson IMO

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Okay, think about it: you're the son of God. You can create miracles and get your dad to kill anybody he wants. But the whole reason he was born was so he could eventually die and essentially give the middle finger to all the haters and say "yeah, I told you so" when he broke out of his cave grave later. I mean, his dad knew they would choose that Barabbas guy over him and he'd die on the cross because that was his main purpose and the only reason he was born. So he fulfilled the prophecy and died, which is what he was supposed to do and the whole reason he existed, so why does that make him King Hot poo poo to people? If you're the son of God and was born by a miracle and your dad had all the power in the universe, you're already pretty much set up for your entire afterlife. He was basically a suckup and did all the poo poo his dad told him to and now he rules heaven or some such poo poo so I don't see why people are all goo goo ga ga over Jesus. I personally think John Saxon was cooler.
Checked the IMDb entry for Tenebre. John Saxon is there and Jesus is not so it’s not even a contest. And I also found out that John Saxon is still alive. That put a smile on my face.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ad by Khad posted:

Every 9th level cleric has conquered death, idiot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It is because he invented america, you communist

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Because he was hung like thiiiiiiis *spreads arms wide mimicking the crucifixion*

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The Bloop posted:

It is because he invented america, you communist
He turned water into wine and killed thousands from dehydration.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Being raised catholic and participating in the vampire rituals leads me to believe that this Jesus motherfucker was drunk 24/7

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lowtax posted:

Yeah but how many people have run an internet forum for nearly two decades? Checkmate Jesus

RIP CJayC

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

1redflag posted:

RIP CJayC

What I'm trying to ultimately get at here is that when the nomination for the next Jesus comes around, I do not only expect to be on the short list, but I expect to WIN.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
I'm not directly saying JesusCoin is going to the moon, but others are. Do your research. Get in on the ground floor.

JesusCoin.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I like how petty Jesus was, always blowing his stack when his disciples didn't understand his cryptic word salad.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not getting owned by fire and brimstone, or living in times so awful that cannabilizing your children becomes appealing is pretty cool. Jesus taught us better on how to avoid those fates while also being a bit more intelligible than 4-headed seraphim surrounded by flaming wheels of eyes.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Jesus once spied a dude eating handfuls of dirt and told him to cut it the hell out!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My favorite part of Jesus is this:

He knows he's the son of God. Knows he'll be resurrected. Gets nailed up and instantly goes, "wtf dad?! I thought you loved me?"

Even the son of God doesn't believe his bullshit.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Jesus once spied a dude eating handfuls of dirt and told him to cut it the hell out!
What if the guy suffered from that mental illness that makes you eat couch cushions and poo poo, instead of telling at that poor man, perhaps he could've offered him mental health care???

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Ad by Khad posted:

Wrong, idiot. All who post are immortal. This dead, gay forum will make my posts float eternal through this world.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Lowtax posted:

What if the guy suffered from that mental illness that makes you eat couch cushions and poo poo, instead of telling at that poor man, perhaps he could've offered him mental health care???

It was a simpler time

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lowtax posted:

Okay, think about it: you're the son of God. You can create miracles and get your dad to kill anybody he wants. But the whole reason he was born was so he could eventually die and essentially give the middle finger to all the haters and say "yeah, I told you so" when he broke out of his cave grave later. I mean, his dad knew they would choose that Barabbas guy over him and he'd die on the cross because that was his main purpose and the only reason he was born. So he fulfilled the prophecy and died, which is what he was supposed to do and the whole reason he existed, so why does that make him King Hot poo poo to people? If you're the son of God and was born by a miracle and your dad had all the power in the universe, you're already pretty much set up for your entire afterlife. He was basically a suckup and did all the poo poo his dad told him to and now he rules heaven or some such poo poo so I don't see why people are all goo goo ga ga over Jesus. I personally think John Saxon was cooler.

Jesus is the guy who gives out the blue checkmarks, isn’t he?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Kak posted:

Slimer loves wieners.

i never really thought about that when i saw the movie as a kid but now it makes so much more sense in a really progressive and ground breaking way

also: OP jesus could turn water into wine which was probably pretty loving cool back in those days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
the bible doesn't mention the infinite other timelines where jesus decided to just get drunk and gently caress whores and barabbas ends up on the cross and so now everyone just goes to hell immediately on death because God is one WACKY CHARACTER

what im saying is you ought to be thankful we got a good jesus this time around

• Locked thread