Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Portal and Starter sets weren't legal in Legacy when Scourge was released, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Can we add Grim Tutor to the banned list? It makes things a little too consistent with 4x LED, 4x Lotus Petal, probably 4x Mox Diamond and all the Rituals.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah High Tide with 4x Candelabra and 4x Merchant Scroll and 4x Time Spiral is rather consistent.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheLawinator posted:

Y'all are bringing out chemical weapons while I'm screwing around with academy rector...

Legacy Magic was not a fair format game at this point in time. I mean, the Reanimator and Tinker decks didn't have any super sick targets like they would swiftly receive, so Goblins and....Fish? Threshold? Whatever that deck was called, those creature decks could still compete, but it was still the wild west of MTG where there wasn't a whole lot of information so even if there was a super busted deck, there is a good chance only a small portion of any given tournament would have even heard of it.

e: changed for accuracy

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

black potus posted:

For the moment I say run it and kick some teeth in. If the format gets too bad I can hotswap the ban list but I wanna lock it in as in the OP. I’m willing to believe my list is horribly wrong but I also feel like we could tweak it to death and I’d rather just play and fix stuff that’s degenerate.

I’d like to keep running this past the first season so there’s ample time to fix things.

Oh yes I am totally game for breaking High Tide, then Ill-Gotten Gains Tendrils, then some sort of Survival deck, in that order.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Nothing in Solidarity was printed before like, 1995 :getin:

I think with Time Spiral legal, Candelabra + Time Spiral is better than Reset + more cantrips and more Turnabouts. Either way, High Tide vs. Duress-based Storm vs. Goblins vs. Meddling Mage Threshold seems like a good start on a metagame.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

No Ringleader or Mind's Desire makes two of those decks very sad, though.

Not really? Mind's Desire has never been Legacy legal (banned before Scourge came out, right?) and Ringleader would be great, but you've still got the good Goblins plus Wasteland and Port with 4x Pyroblast in the board. No Vial is a problem but whatever.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Elyv posted:

Ringleader is legal, Recruiter is banned, presumably so you can't just food chain people out

I meant Recruiter and I assume The Shortest Path did too. The Good Goblins would be Lackey, Piledriver, Warchief, Matron, Ringleader, and Siege-Gang, with some other Goblins showing up when they feel like it. Good mono-color curve + mana disruption + burn if wanted, along with some sick sideboard or tech options, makes for a decent aggro deck.

Recruiter is mostly just combo city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Elyv won the whole thing, and won something from Black Potus, but also won a Masters Edition pack on MTGO from me. They don't play MTGO though, so I opened it.

This is actually insanely above average for a MED pack, both draftwise and valuewise.

• Locked thread