Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

E: ^^^they weren't, but also Legacy didn't exist in its current form instead of Vintage Lite until like Darksteel. Besides, this lets us do something new if we want to play with Imperial Recruiter or something

I'm in, have a few decks in mind. Can't wait to lose to Tinker to be clear, I actually do think Tinker is fine here

Elyv fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

EDIT: Also fwiw, tinker was banned in 1999, for reasons that had nothing to do with cards that got printed 4+ years later. It's probably not a safe unban.

Tinker was not banned in Extended until after Mirrodin came out and unlike in Vintage, you don't get to Tinker moxen so I guess you get to turn Chromatic Sphere into Phyrexian Colossus?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ringleader is legal, Recruiter is banned, presumably so you can't just food chain people out

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Memory Jar was banned several months before Tinker was. That said, I'm not sure why they actually did end up banning Tinker at that point, as it was several years before Mirrodin came out and there weren't any super disgusting artifacts to grab?

Tinker is pretty disgusting with Moxen even with no good cards to get and like Rabbi said, it could turn into your restricted Memory Jar. It wasn't banned in Extended until it dominated PT New Orleans 2003, right after Mirrodin came out.

E: Legacy at the time was literally "Vintage, except with restricted cards banned automatically" so Tinker was banned in Legacy even though it probably wouldn't have been good yet.

I'm down with Grim Tutor and Time Spiral bans personally

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 11, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Is this viable for euro timezones? I'm terrible at magic and will likely end up playing squirrels...

Last time we had a thunderdome basically people were paired up and had a week to find a time for a match. With an entire week you should be able to arrange something

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Defeated Hellsau 2-1, which looks like it was the last match of the round.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Defeated Jobert 2-0, successfully thwarting the mulligan to 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Defeated TheLawinator 2-0

• Locked thread