Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Ancient is actually the only good MTG format. I don't have time to play these days, but I'll throw a forum upgrade into the prize pool. Good luck all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

C-Euro posted:

E: Really wanna play with some old-school creatures but I feel like that's sub-optimal when you have stuff life Dark Ritual, Counterspell, FoW etc available. Maybe not though, might just come up with some lists for the hell of it.
You can put 4x Survival, 1x Genesis, and 1x Squee into a deck, and then play with pretty much any creatures you want. This link has a few lists: https://www.channelfireball.com/home/recurring-nightmares-geocentrism/

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

The Shortest Path posted:

EDIT: Also fwiw, tinker was banned in 1999, for reasons that had nothing to do with cards that got printed 4+ years later. It's probably not a safe unban.
The reason tinker was busted+banned back then was Memory Jar, which is banned in this format. It's not a threat IMO.

Hellsau posted:

Oh yes I am totally game for breaking High Tide, then Ill-Gotten Gains Tendrils, then some sort of Survival deck, in that order.
Yeah, most people should run 2x Gaea's Blessing in their board to combat reset high tide. And iggy-pop is definitely legitimate, but you might be surprised at how hard it is to pilot through a field of GAT/Landstill. I think the all-in combo decks were a lot worse back then without ponder specifically to help smooth out draws. Good luck though :)

Edit: VVVVVV Grim Tutor though.

Rabbi fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 11, 2018

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Portal and Starter sets weren't legal in Legacy when Scourge was released, right?

Hellsau posted:

Can we add Grim Tutor to the banned list? It makes things a little too consistent with 4x LED, 4x Lotus Petal, probably 4x Mox Diamond and all the Rituals.
I agree, and I would add Grim Tutor to the ban list or I'd not allow Starter 1999 at all.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

black potus posted:

Not gonna ban anything else until after week 1. My foot is down. I can't pick it up.
I'm 100% good with not banning anything else for now. Thanks for organizing this.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Oh yeah, I decided I'm totally in for this. I need to get XMage setup and practice using it I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Mikujin posted:

What medium are we playing on? I may be down for this.
XMage

IRC is a good way to test/organize matches: irc.synirc.net #mtgoon

• Locked thread