Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The PYF Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

The PYF Thread

I will channel my birthday magic to destroy you . I haven't made a wish yet so watch your rear end

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

I will channel my birthday magic to destroy you . I haven't made a wish yet so watch your rear end

Please don’t, and Im sorry.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

Please don’t, and Im sorry.

You're spared . Let's play fortnite soon tho

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Another quick NieR:A Q for those in the know: does changing difficulty affect enemy attack patterns/placement or is it just what it says on the label where you take more damage and lose lock on capability? Bcz if that's all it is i may feel ok just playing on Normal to enjoy the story. My main experience with Platinum games tho is Bayonetta where the enemies you fight and boss movesets are way more interesting when you jump to hard. If that's the case I don't wanna miss out, but if it's just that I take more damage on hard I can probably pass

the lock on isnt really useful anyway ... personally i would say play hard mode after the prologue or the game will maybe feel too easy by the time you get used to the controls. plus manually aiming to shoot incoming bullets and stuff feels nice

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I didn’t end up using the lock on a whole lot even playing on normal, it isn’t super useful.

Enjoy your time with it, whatever difficulty you choose. It’s a treat.

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

Breaking what would be a good chain in a Panel de Pon game because you can't quite hit the input fast enough

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Falling off a ledge at the top of a vertical shaft in 2D Metroid games and managing to miss every single platform on the way down due to overcorrecting

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

Missing the incision at the start of a Trauma Center operation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lining up a level 3 charge swing with a great sword, or a max spirit helmbreaker with long sword, or a max charge Big Bang combo, etc, and completely whiffing it by like an inch.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the penguins in yoshi's island, where they don't even damage you they just send you bouncing around and all the platforms are ice so you end up gaining way too much momentum and falling off a cliff

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Enemies in shooters that are quick and short. They just make me think of that kid that always picked oddjob and the ole gamer reflexes just tense up.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

shove me like you do posted:

Enemies in shooters that are quick and short. They just make me think of that kid that always picked oddjob and the ole gamer reflexes just tense up.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

enemies that can move into your hitbox, especially if you don't have any way to hit them if they're directly on top of you.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

enemies that can move into your hitbox, especially if you don't have any way to hit them if they're directly on top of you.

even worse, enemies that can spawn inside your hitbox

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

shove me like you do posted:

the monkeys in timesplitters pissed me off so much

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
bosses with thorns in diablo 2

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

bosses with thorns in diablo 2

💯💯💯

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Manhacks in Half Life 2

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syncopated posted:

Manhacks in Half Life 2

The stupid scanners that do nothing but blind you with an annoying camera flash as well

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Trying a heavy move and getting countered with a light before the animation finishes 5 times in a row

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Random encounters in jrpgs that are easy to beat but inflict poison damage so you have to use antidotes all the loving time.

Enemies in jrpgs that use a bunch of accuracy-lowering attacks so you can't hit them back. Pokemon is the worst for this, when enemies use sand attack a million times in a row.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The AI gimmick teams in Pokemon Stadium where every pokemon had double team or minimize.....

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

The default ammo switch hotkey in New Vegas on PC being 2, trying to switch to gun 1 or 3, currently holding a gun with a long reload animation, and having just attracted the attention of a bunch of fast monsters.

TheBigTwo
Mar 1, 2013
The ghost fish in Ninja Gaiden.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

The entirety of Solar Jetman for the NES.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Guards with riot shields in any game

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Their called Gorgons and they originated in ancient Greece.

Your welcome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Your welcome.

gorgons are bulls, dumbass

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the red hollywoods in final fight. yeah, their molotovs can hit other enemies but it always seemed to hit me

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Your welcome.

you should pole-jack norse men.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Running into monsters in octopath that are weak against the only two things that aren't in your party.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Running into a tree with your horse in rdr2

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Frenz posted:

Running into a tree with your horse in rdr2

This is the funniest thing in video game history and I crack up like a drat fool every single time it happens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Running into monsters in octopath that are weak against the only two things that aren't in your party.

Sounds like a you problem.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Cliffy B tweets

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Cliffy B tweets

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
An American muskrat when fishing/hunting along the riverbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Assaultrons in Fallout 4