Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Collapsing Farts posted:

I love watching that adult man-child-thing in suits trying on trashy foods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalhiByCRTQ

It's so...earnest

:lol:

I like when he calls the pepperoni "deadly meat"

Sure is a change of pace from Joey's World Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpbcj-dw-8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3enDjTnsrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

All labor has value, even if just for the sake of novelty.

Youtube is pr cool as an idea, except for all the spying and poo poo. That being said, I'm not going to go around being an apologist for their company/idea post-acquisition by Alphabet. Most of it is designed to keep our collective heads in the sand so it should be approached like propaganda spectacle unless proven otherwise.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lowtax posted:

Yeah, I'm, in no way saying YouTube is a perfect service and run by compassionate CEOs who deeply care about each and every one of their video producers. They don't give a poo poo about anybody except their stockholders. They're a disgusting black box that would love to exploit and sap every drop of information they can get from all their users.

But that said, my point is anybody who takes a full-time job knowing they have to make videos full-time should not be surprised that they have to make videos full-time. If they weren't in it for the long run, then they should not have chosen that profession. Seriously, what were they expecting to happen?

Word. It's the same cycle of disillusionment that we all go through, it's just that 'toobers' go through it in a far more trite and embarrassing way. Perhaps they could be accused of tunnelvision, or tubelvision.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bag em and tag em posted:

YouTube kids venting about dumb bullshit sure seems to be triggering.

Argh! MILLENIALS! I, an older person, am wiser and more better! I worked hard! Why aren't they also work hard? Do hard labor youngs!!!!

Something tells me you assume your humor is firing on all cylinders here...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kitchner posted:

The problem isn't that they burn out at 19, creating videos full time while being a fake piece of poo poo who knows the Internet could turn on you at any time and that no one worth talking to will take you seriously once they know your job is probably stressful stuff.

The problem is they are millionaires whining about the profession they chose to make themselves millionaires is stressful *and aren't just quitting *.

If I was a multimillionaire but hayed my job now because I had so many experiences, I'd just quit. Take some time to myself and consider what I want to do next. Why bitch about it? You could retire at 19.

something something capitalism is a religion and hyper accumulation is akin to worship unto Mammon

let the souls of the wealthy molder and fester, let the cancerous snakes of guilt devour their innards

place hand-grenades into the rectums of the profit apostles and march them into the desert

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

So communism didn't in encourage people to do extra work or better work because everyone is equal. In capitalism, turns out people can and do anything to get more money. It's kinda divine comedy.

Which communism are you referring to...?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

I guess the one that had the Russian guy who created Tetris. And he saw no profits of the game until the USSR fell.

I mean, Russia modernized in less than 3 decades and won the majority of WW2 for everyone else, so I'm not going to say they have no gumption. USA has done its share to try to undermine their culture and state for 100 years so it's not like their hosed up version of mutated authoritarian collectivism was operating in a bubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Yeah I know. Didn’t they, like, upload your brain pattern when they opened up your skull during spine surgery or something? I figured that’s why you’ve been posting so much lately.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread