Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I started with the merchant and I'm not really that far in the story but I'm loving the visuals, how the combat flows and the vibe in general. I previously started with the teacher, but I found it kinda annoying. I switched from English to Japanese audio for the merchant and think I'll stick with that.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao win

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only 7,888,888 to go

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I got back into this game and I FINALLY unlocked secondary jobs!!! Thank the lordt! Its so much more fun and addicting now I love it!

I got really lucky with the dancer move Bewildering Grace it gave me 100x JP!!!! Ended up with 8k its insane!!! Enough to master an entire job 😍

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

I got back into this game and I FINALLY unlocked secondary jobs!!! Thank the lordt! Its so much more fun and addicting now I love it!

I got really lucky with the dancer move Bewildering Grace it gave me 100x JP!!!! Ended up with 8k its insane!!! Enough to master an entire job 😍

Lmao. Yakuza-tier NPC names.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lol. Her quest is pretty cool

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
About to fight a boss but im hungry.. Eating a meal while doing a turn based JRPG fight, yay or nay? I feel like its doable.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

With boss music like Octopath's it's very doable I'd say.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tentative yay, depending on the meal type.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

With boss music like Octopath's it's very doable I'd say.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just started this this morning. Chose Therion, I played the Cleric's first chapter in the demo and that's all I've seen. All the enemy sprites are so sick, I love the huge boss ones especially. This seems like a supremely comfy game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was hiking the other day and came across a little waterfall and thought about skylark's screenshot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alfyn is such a dork.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i was hiking the other day and came across a little waterfall and thought about skylark's screenshot

lmfao i keep thinking about that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't met everybody yet but I feel like I've got 3 slots locked in (thief, dancer and merchant). I'm guessing either the Hunter or the Cleric is gonna wind up in that last slot just from the job names.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Haven't met everybody yet but I feel like I've got 3 slots locked in (thief, dancer and merchant). I'm guessing either the Hunter or the Cleric is gonna wind up in that last slot just from the job names.

i'm going to use all 8 characters equally. Bye.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i used 2 'main' characters and then rotated the others in and out as necessary

unfortunately the game doesn't give exp to your bench so you have to do some grinding sometimes to catch them up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably rotate in Alfyn at every town to inquire. And all the side quests need a variety of path actions you'll have to rotate in...it's such a dense game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is there a reason to use provoke on random townspeople? I kind of feel like a dick just siccing a leopard on the guy telling me theres a cave to the north.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only ever dueled people for sidequests, I don't know what happens if you just gently caress up random townies. I've been too scared to try.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

some sidequests can be solved by dueling/provoking, also there's people blocking entrances to buildings that you can beat up to get inside and usually there's a chest or something in there.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I've only ever dueled people for sidequests, I don't know what happens if you just gently caress up random townies. I've been too scared to try.

If you get a bad reputation you can pay the bartender to fix it. I only had to do that once for thievery.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

some sidequests can be solved by dueling/provoking, also there's people blocking entrances to buildings that you can beat up to get inside and usually there's a chest or something in there.

Oh cool, I had been assuming I had to do quest/plot stuff to get people out of the way, should have thought to use violence.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

It’s not all violence. Some of them can be persuaded to temporarily join your party.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

herculon posted:

It’s not all violence. Some of them can be persuaded to temporarily join your party.

I can't believe I never thought to do this

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

P-Mack posted:

Is there a reason to use provoke on random townspeople? I kind of feel like a dick just siccing a leopard on the guy telling me theres a cave to the north.

You can do it to people blocking doors to houses and if you beat them they’re pushed to the side, allowing you to go into the house. There’s usually treasure or someone to steal from that has good stuff in them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't finished the game yet but my playthrough was with 2 completely separate parties. H'aanit, Therion, Cyrus and Primrose as one and Alfyn, Tressa, Ophelia and Olberic as my second. The game was fairly challenging throughout for my first party and I finished all their chapter 4s, but even underleveled my 2nd party was steamrolling through their early chapters because of all the chapter 4 equipment and bonus jobs that I had. I need to go back and finish this game anyway because the endgame definitely seems like it was made for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died on the Tressa boss because on the last turn I used a 4x roulette dance and had my party defense lowered and then a meteor fell on my party dealing 1000 damage to everybody and instantly wiping.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ppl talk about getting 100x JP or exp with that dance but when I tried to use it it fully healed the boss I was fighting and almost killed my whole party.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've gotten a 10x JP one, and you can get a effect that gives you max HP/SP/BP. its pretty tight and i love to fake gamble.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I used that move like twice because getting 100x XP would completely ruin the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cyrus is a badass sir who gives no fucks.

• Locked thread