Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
I love how people still give a poo poo about written obits when you have inspirational, kickass dudes like this out there.

NPR posted:

Inspired by a scene from the 2014 film Creep, Byron Davis, currently fighting stage three testicular cancer, is filming his various day-to-day doings for his two year-old son Jayded.

"I just want him to grow up having a sense of what I was like, what brought me joy. I want him to know the kind of man he could grow up to be."

Davis' project covers various family outings and vacations, lessons on etiquette and social responsibility, his work as a marketing consultant for app developers, his taste in films and music, and, consuming about three hours of the currently unedited footage, his love of spicefacing.

"I say this with some irony, yes, but it truly is my legacy. It's a niche interest, but the community - the fans and the other facers - has been so supportive. It's not toxic. There's no envy or hostility with these people. Spiritually, they're [Jayded's] godparents. They make a few dozen thousand feel like billions."

Spicefacing, the act of pretending non-spicy food is especially hot and intense, generally in a restaurant or other public space, is a relatively new and lucrative trend on the popular video platform YouTube.

Davis counts himself as one of this fledgling genre's pioneers. Hosting a YouTube channel that is updated almost daily, he currently has over 37,000 subscribers and counting.

"I'm a patron facer. I'm less interested in my dynamic with the waitstaff and more concerned with the reactions of other customers. I know a server or waiter or whatever has other things they could be doing. It's the young newlyweds at the next booth, the older gentleman reading that day's paper... these are the people who inspire me."

In one of his favorite clips, he's eating alone at a Red Lobster. He takes a zealous bite of their trademark Cheddar Bay Biscuits before growing redfaced, wincing, and loudly sucking in air through his teeth. A man having dinner with what appear to be work associates chuckles before asking, "Fresh out the oven, huh?"

"Nah, it's - it's just got a real kick."

He gulps down water before wondering aloud if he should order "some milk for these bad boys."

Davis hopes that, if the crucial chemotherapy sessions he's currently undergoing fail, moments like these will help his son find the courage to discover his own creative calling or, and he beams with pride at the mere thought, choose to follow in his father's footsteps.

"Maybe if he's feeling rebellious or independent, he'll decide to pretend spicy food is cold. Either way, I have no doubt he'll find his audience and make me proud. When he looks at my urn and gives me that thumbs up... he'll know I'm doing the same."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
~here lies cubone~
"loves too r.i.p, in peice"
wtf? 0_o no thx...

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Obeah posted:

I love how people still give a poo poo about written obits when you have inspirational, kickass dudes like this out there.

Uhhhhhhhhh

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Lowtax, I just wanted to let you know that it is not incorrect to end a sentence with a preposition. People who think that are wrong. Preposition the poo poo out of the ends of your sentences.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Speaking of owning from beyond the grave: Heath Ledger's Joker is apparently, uh, the inspiration for, umm online trolling.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/syndicated-columnists/article214861735.html

quote:

Heath Ledger’s Joker was a prescient example of troll culture

At the time, critics and pundits saw it as an allegory for the George W. Bush presidency and a commentary on the war on terror. Heath Ledger’s Joker has since become a meme, as fans online pair his image with harmless “Dark Knight” quotes or Photoshop Joker makeup on political figures. Yet today, the film, and particularly the Joker, typifies something more relevant: a prescient example of modern online troll culture.

Trolling has been around for decades. Even in early online forums, some users would bait others with an insincere argument. But the troll didn’t become an online identity until the mid-2000s.

Remember back before 2005, when nobody, not a single person anywhere ever, identified as a troll? Those were the good ol' days. No trolls anywhere.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Are spring loaded coffins illegal? When I die I want to be buried in one. That way when grave robbers dig up my body, they get a heart attack as my corpse flies out upon opening the coffin.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Stick things up my dead rear end like at GG Allin's wake. Just do what makes you happy. That is my legacy.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Are spring loaded coffins illegal? When I die I want to be buried in one. That way when grave robbers dig up my body, they get a heart attack as my corpse flies out upon opening the coffin.

This except instead of my corpse it's a bunch of dildos so when they open it up it's like a ton of those springy snakes in a can things shooting dicks out.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nail me to a cross and play You've Got the Touch by Stan Bush as featured in the movie Transformers: The Movie on a boombox at the base of the cross.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Obeah posted:

How is this real? "I'm dying of cancer, better do everything I can while I still have time" *pretends food I eat is spicy*

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Wow that is really touching; I think we could all learn a lot from this child- don't get cancer, suckas!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This seems oddly relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniPtX1PQ7g

(Full Video)

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no longer will a child die alone in a village in the middle of nowhere with the power of the internet

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The best thing about death is that the things that end up eating you have to eat you.
Take that, fuckers.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Obeah posted:

That guy named his kid "JAYDED"? :wtc:

dictionary.com posted:

jad·ed
ˈjādəd/
adjective
adjective: jaded

tired, bored, or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too much of something.
"meals to tempt the most jaded appetites"

I have a feeling that poor kid is gonna live up to his name.

Lowtax, are you ever gonna get back on the tweeters again?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Obeah posted:

lol there is nothing inspirational about someone who went to Mizzou

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Lowtax, are you ever gonna get back on the tweeters again?
No, it's clear they do not want me there and no matter what I tweet, I'll get banned for it, so gently caress them.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
@jack got banned for posting fiesta cat in 2004 and is still nursing a grudge

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Cubone posted:

@jack got banned for posting fiesta cat in 2004 and is still nursing a grudge
Oh I have absolutely no doubt in my mind somebody high up on the food chain there did get banned from here at some point in time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
EVERYTHING IS THE MOST HYPERBOLIC poo poo EVER YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT THIS ARTICLE WILL MAKE YOU LITERALLY EXPLODE

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I live in an area that was hit pretty good by Hurricane Harvey. The dumb rear end mayor issued a warning to all the people staying in the city to "write their names on one arm and social on the other arm"

So I wrote:

"Suck my dick" on one arm and "You gently caress man" on the other

Thought that would be a lovely homage to all my goon brothers and sisters.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Salty Josh posted:

I live in an area that was hit pretty good by Hurricane Harvey. The dumb rear end mayor issued a warning to all the people staying in the city to "write their names on one arm and social on the other arm"

So I wrote:

but u survived so it was all in vain

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lol spicefacing what the gently caress

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Th-this is my content niche!
IT WAS MADE FOR ME!!!

DRR...
EPIC
DRR...

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Salty Josh posted:

So I wrote:

Great so now your home is gone AND your identity is stolen :rolleyes:

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I want my SA profile etched onto my tombstone. And I also want it to say “permanbanned from living by God”

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

"no scroto, actually anime is good" written in piss on my snow covered grave

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

Oh I have absolutely no doubt in my mind somebody high up on the food chain there did get banned from here at some point in time.
I think it was you who told me about the furry dude who got banned from here circa like 2002. He worked at Google and made sure SA never showed up on the first page for searches of "Something Awful."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Lowtax posted:

I ended a sentence with a proposition there

Remember when Ozma made this probatable?

Remember when anybody thought Ozma was actually a good admin?

I do. Those were dark times.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

LordArgh posted:

joke's on him. death is the end. oblivion. he won't see anything ever

Hoping this is true!

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Obeah posted:

His son is named Jayded. Let that sink in for a few

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the only thing viral about my obituary will be the cripplingly way it ddos'es cat fancy's website

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad the kid did that so clickbait sites could make a buck off his death

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Remember when Ozma made this probatable?

Remember when anybody thought Ozma was actually a good admin?

I do. Those were dark times.

Ozma was a good admin

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ozma fat

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
viralize your funeral, this may be the only way to afford one in the future.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jokes on you idiot im getting dumped in a ditch

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Motherfucker posted:

viralize your funeral, this may be the only way to afford one in the future.

Lol future me is gonna haunt some weak rear end ditch in the future, no one will care about our bones

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I want to viralize my funeral i nthat I want to become patient zero of the super-ebola outbreak that wipes out America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Here's my final words

*Gets et up by carrion birds*

• Locked thread