Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"That coir älähts, on whom the calick calahts." - Old Finnish saying (1973)

Been saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do not calaht your coir with a calick, please.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Do not calaht your coir with a calick, please.

Yes no that is actually animal abuse! That's why it's an old saying. No-one does that anymore.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"That coir älähts, on whom the calick calahts." - Old Finnish saying (1973)

(colorized)

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Coire only äläht when they're VERY distressed.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

brb downloading a cemetary app to pay my virtual respects to my great grandmother

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

brb downloading a cemetary app to pay my virtual respects to my great grandmother

Not saying an app is the best solution, but the idea of a map with searchable celebrity gravestones would be very useful to people based on my interactions.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
give it an ammonia smell rating and i'll invest

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Not saying an app is the best solution, but the idea of a map with searchable celebrity gravestones would be very useful to people based on my interactions.

https://www.findagrave.com/

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I originally found that site when looking up my grandpa's name for something else and finding that the first google result is his tombstone lol

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

"It's Not What You Think" by Rudolf Shimmler

late but ty

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Biplane posted:

Halo: the fall of Reach

ty

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Facebook Aunt posted:

Their test costs $2500 per embryo. They aren't actually doing anything to improve the embryo, you just pay them to test all your embryos and they'll tell you which ones are losers. So people who were already doing massively expensive IVF can make it even more expensive to make sure the implant the best ones. If, like her, you produced 16 apparently viable embryos this would cost $40,000 to help pick out the best one.

How is this supposed to improve the birth rate exactly?

america has determined that only rich people get help with fertility issues, this is by design

i know two people who are having kids and theyre both medical doctors. not one person in my extended family or friends is having kids. you just...cant. like in california it's a laughable proposition unless you have homeowning parents or family wealth or a really lucrative career. state government seems fine with it!

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Zündschnüre by Franz Josef Degenhardt

that is one hell of a swastika you werent kidding

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I think she did worse in polling afterwards

if you’ve ever worked customer service the phrase “Are you calling me a liar?” or variations of such signals that you are dealing with some of the worst individuals you can encounter

i have a boss who asks complicated questions but says "yes or no, [question]" first, and then gets angry when the responder doesnt respond with yes or no first. "i asked you a yes or no question"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Consolidated Ed posted:

i have a boss who asks complicated questions but says "yes or no, [question]" first, and then gets angry when the responder doesnt respond with yes or no first. "i asked you a yes or no question"

Yeah well how am I supposed to make well-informed executive decisions if I have to think huh??

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah well how am I supposed to make well-informed executive decisions if I have to think huh??

this is the same person who unironically hit me with "do you know what they say about assumptions? they make an rear end out of U and ME" when i told him i had made an assumption about a customer ticket that seemed reasonable at the time. also called me a motherfucker for losing some timesheets. LOL love small business owners baby!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Consolidated Ed posted:

Yes!?! (I hate nazis.)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Consolidated Ed posted:

Tell him "no you didn't.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Before he's got the rest of the question out of his mouth, respond "no." to the "Yes or no, " part

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Then punch him in the throat, kick him in the balls and walk away.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:hai:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Orange Devil posted:

Then punch him in the throat, kick him in the balls and walk away.

Do this anyway.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
And then get some folding chairs!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Consolidated Ed posted:

Getting dirty looks because you request paper bags so you can make a homemade book cover like in high school for your swastika book

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yes!?! (I hate nazis.)

A likely story

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Getting dirty looks because you request paper bags so you can make a homemade book cover like in high school for your swastika book

someone draws a swastika on it while you're in the bathroom. they dont even know what the book is

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

this is giving me flashback anxiety I thought I was over all that :negative:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Where the heck am I going to "request" paper bags?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The hyperventilation store. They also sell tarantulas, roller coasters, and disappointed dads. They're having a sale on public speeches and scientific reports about global warming!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Do they not have them in the grocery store where you are? Where I live they did one of those single use plastic bag bans well over a decade ago and it’s always a trip when I’m out of town and I go in a grocery store that still has the flimsy rear end plastic poo poo. Not even sure why anyone thought those were better in the first place but I think they’re significantly thinner and worse then they used to be

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
during the pandemic my grocery store stopped letting people use their own bags and instead got lots of thick "reusable" plastic bags. they still use them.

whenever I accidentally get one I shove it under the sink because it feels bad to just throw it away.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Do they not have them in the grocery store where you are?

I mean they have paper bags but you don't "request" them you pick yourself what kind of bag you buy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
paper bags cost 8¢ a piece now. poo poo ain't free.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I mean they have paper bags but you don't "request" them you pick yourself what kind of bag you buy.

at my grocery store you can "request" paper bags by asking for paper instead of plastic

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

at my grocery store you can "request" paper bags by asking for paper instead of plastic

no longer an option in NY state. Pay for paper bags, use your own, or carry your groceries out like the why can't i hold all these limes guy.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ngl megadoodoo, this really feels like an arbitrary distinction

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Ngl megadoodoo, this really feels like an arbitrary distinction

IF U WANT IT? IT'S 4 SALE OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no longer an option in NY state. Pay for paper bags, use your own, or carry your groceries out like the why can't i hold all these limes guy.

i'm glad governor glenn youngkin has kept the Commonwealth of Virginia as the bastion of freedom and liberty it has always been