Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lol that ad it's gonna cue has a boat in it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This thread makes me want to be dead.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

Would you like to hear about these life insurance plans and funeral home costs?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

good

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You, sir, are a fine motherfucker

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Oh no I don't like this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1017522956900225024

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:vince:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
World wide, the average life span, quality of life, education, and million other things have dramatically improved thanks to capitalism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The Dennis System posted:

World wide, the average life span, quality of life, education, and million other things have dramatically improved thanks to capitalism.

sounds great if you don't know what averages are

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Might as well be depression.png

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Fellbat posted:

Might as well be depression.png

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

This is, admittedly, true. Still, threads like these rather suggest that we've literally sold our souls to get it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

These have been consistently improving since the dawn of time no matter what economic system was in vogue. They only slide back temporarily after major disasters (collapse of the Roman empire, the conquests of Genghis Khan, etc).

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

They mean gold teeth right? Right?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

This is, admittedly, true. Still, threads like these rather suggest that we've literally sold our souls to get it.

Capitalists have no souls. Plus when you have a hundred people and you give one of them a trillion dollars and beat the rest to death with a stick turns out the average still looks nice on a graph.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

*from on top of palanquin to starving serf*

I think you will find that the average life span and quality of life has improved! All thanks to feudalism

*claps hands to be hauled off*

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The fact that I look like the toxic avenger is pure cooincidence

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Motherfucker posted:

Capitalists have no souls. Plus when you have a hundred people and you give one of them a trillion dollars and beat the rest to death with a stick turns out the average still looks nice on a graph.
Yeah. I get your claim, but it's really not the case here. Infant mortality, educational attainment, percentage of population with real income above certain fixed poverty thresholds, et cetera are all improved pretty strongly in the last few decades across the developing world. That's real.

It's just that it comes along with the commodification of the entire human experience. Plus a small fraction of people becoming fabulously rich for everyone to resent.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah. I get your claim, but it's really not the case here. Infant mortality, educational attainment, percentage of population with real income above certain fixed poverty thresholds, et cetera are all improved pretty strongly in the last few decades across the developing world. That's real.

It's just that it comes along with the commodification of the entire human experience. Plus a small fraction of people becoming fabulously rich for everyone to resent.

We didn't really poll the fly ridden child corpses cooling in the desert sun though.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

All anti-capitalist sentiment is mired in resentment of the rich, its true.

Than again its hard not to resent such geniuses who come up with ideas like 'make the world an uninhabitable toxic waste dump than sell you the means of survival at the cost of your labour which almost invariably contributes to the latter' honestly I wish human beings were born without empathy because it would make this whole process of racing towards extinction lot more quick and efficient.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Motherfucker posted:

All anti-capitalist sentiment is mired in resentment of the rich, its true.

Than again its hard not to resent such geniuses who come up with ideas like 'make the world an uninhabitable toxic waste dump than sell you the means of survival at the cost of your labour which almost invariably contributes to the latter' honestly I wish human beings were born without empathy because it would make this whole process of racing towards extinction lot more quick and efficient.

I'm punching the first motherfucker I see with one of these I swear to god...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

about 100x more disgusting and unsettling than goatse

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

what a fuckin' cock sucker

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

*furiously mashes no

*clicks the tick on 'Do Not Resuscitate'

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

It’s not the economic system that’s led to these improvements but new methods and technology. People invented stuff before capitalism. The compounding effect of technological advancement makes idiots think that the economic system used recently is obviously the cause of the increasing pace of advancement but that’s strictly correlation not causation.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Senor Dog posted:

It’s not the economic system that’s led to these improvements but new methods and technology. People invented stuff before capitalism. The compounding effect of technological advancement makes idiots think that the economic system used recently is obviously the cause of the increasing pace of advancement but that’s strictly correlation not causation.

I got laid last night. It seems to me that capitalism is an economic model conducive to sex!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Every month we get a new health based email and it has little bullet points about why things like high blood pressure are bad.

Every month the bullet points focus entirely on the company and never the individual.

We once got an email that we as employees are going to the doctor/statcare/ER too much and should use the free Teladoc program more.

The first company newsletter of 2018 featured a line about how they only made 3% net profit because of too much health insurance use. It doesn't even mention the multi million dollar facility the company just bought in Florida. Just gently caress you guys for getting sick.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I have to work though. If I had notch money I'd never have to leave the house. Plus I could hire the world's greatest podiatrist to fix my dang feet.
"my biggest dream in life is to afford healthcare stuff and fix my freaky freak feet, love capitalism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

There's a reason we call it the developing world (we took all their poo poo during colonialism).