Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Senor Dog posted:

It’s not the economic system that’s led to these improvements but new methods and technology. People invented stuff before capitalism. The compounding effect of technological advancement makes idiots think that the economic system used recently is obviously the cause of the increasing pace of advancement but that’s strictly correlation not causation.

even globalism has a lot more to do with technology than any dumb ideology of economics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

IncelThreadGasser
Aug 16, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress humanity. And it goes without saying, gently caress capitalists.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's actually hilarious in an existentialist way. its possibly loving the funniest thing ever next to that toddler who blew his parents skull wide open with a revolver.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

This is so infuriating in conflating the Kitchener Wants You poster and the Keep Calm poster into something that doesn't work.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wait so this isn’t code of Hammurabi rules then? :thunkher:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I bet he got a sick monogrammed backpack. :mmmsmug:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Julius CSAR posted:

what a fuckin' cock sucker

Hey! A lot of us work hard at a cock sucking factory and we'd thank you not to associate us with him. OK thanks.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lmao at people tripping over themselves to defend the world's richest man and his version of modern slavery, don't worry there will be amazon branded piss bottles for everyone!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress this guy. guarantee he's a thin skinned bitch that hides in his office all day

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Amateur Saboteur posted:

That's actually hilarious in an existentialist way. its possibly loving the funniest thing ever next to that toddler who blew his parents skull wide open with a revolver.

Which time?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1018023161282093056

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Dennis System posted:

World wide, the average life span, quality of life, education, and million other things have dramatically improved thanks to capitalism.

:laffo:

"NUMBER GO UP" :downs:

Mercrom posted:

even globalism has a lot more to do with technology than any dumb ideology of economics

Define "globalism" for us

A fine rubric

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i meant globalization. words are hard

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
this is a good thread.

thank you for your service.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

what keeps Steve Bannon up at night

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mercrom posted:

i meant globalization. words are hard

:) now tell us why globalization is not related to economics

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

what

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

unless you just mean "boats sailed around the world that one time"

I'm attempting to suss out whether you understand the meaning of these words you are using.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Our progress is because we are able to globally cooperate and communicate on unprecedented scales not because Elon Musk and his ilk who would love to see the planet choke on filth while they live in Elysium hth

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
only the brave investor class knows the way of the boat

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

(just loving kill them all already)

hahahaha papa stalin save me from these kulaks

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Jul 14, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Our progress is because we are able to globally cooperate and communicate on unprecedented scales not because Elon Musk and his ilk who would love to see the planet choke on filth while they live in Elysium hth

Neoclassical Economics and global trade and finance have been intricately linked with technological advances of the last 120 years, is all I'm saying.

Globalization, Economics, Finance, and Technology are all part of the same system of human exploitation and environmental spoilage.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's a moot argument anyway because so what. Even if true and capitalism was the best thing for us and it is all at the feet of the free market well great it did its job and now is clearly hindering more than it is helping and we should realize that instead of worshiping ideological bullshit or saying that even attempts to criticize/reform anything are somehow incredibly dangerous. An economy should serve society not the other way around.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Jul 14, 2018

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
exploitation and environmental destruction are not unique to capitalism they are not even unique to humans

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mercrom posted:

exploitation and environmental destruction are not unique to capitalism they are not even unique to humans

Yeah well we industrialized that poo poo. Anything else on this rock ever built an assembly line?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah well we industrialized that poo poo. Anything else on this rock ever built an assembly line?

Ants sorta I guess

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I liked this thread when it was funny pictures and not a heap of people going "well actually" at each other

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

It's a moot argument anyway because so what. Even if true and capitalism was the best thing for us and it is all at the feet of the free market well great it did its job and now is clearly hindering more than it is helping and we should realize that instead of worshiping ideological bullshit or saying that even attempts to criticize/reform anything are somehow incredibly dangerous. An economy should serve society not the other way around.

yeah, we're agreed. I was talking about this nonsense post

Mercrom posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hammerite posted:

I liked this thread when it was funny pictures and not a heap of people going "well actually" at each other

NO MORE WORDS MOTHERFUCKERS

where is that motherfucker guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!