Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Target has become way more trouble than its worth. Like it's supposed to be the aspirational middle-class Wal-Mart. That doesn't work if it becomes actually worse than Wal-Mart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Shame Boy posted:

One of these days I'm gonna open a drawer in a hotel and find a copy of fuckin' Dianetics aren't I

I went to a chain hotel in Atlanta a few years back and they had a little bookshelf in the lobby full of copies to take. That hotel also had the book of Mormon thing going on in the rooms.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ikanreed posted:

I went to a chain hotel in Atlanta a few years back and they had a little bookshelf in the lobby full of copies to take. That hotel also had the book of Mormon thing going on in the rooms.

I peeked in the window of one of the scientology places around here once and the room appeared to be a library but every shelf just had a single copy of Dianetics on it, square in the middle with nothing else.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Estimated Sustainable Cost-Based Prices for Diabetes Medicines

That wegovy that costs people $1000+ a month?

Probably costs a dollar or less per month to make. Definitely less than $5.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Estimated Sustainable Cost-Based Prices for Diabetes Medicines

That wegovy that costs people $1000+ a month?

Probably costs a dollar or less per month to make. Definitely less than $5.

In actual production costs, yeah. The issue is research, development, testing and approval, which costs a lot over a long period of time. The price is all about getting a return on the investment, not about production costs.
Which is why it should be a publicly funded endeavour to make medicine.
Also this is why it takes like a month between a medical patent expiring and generics becoming available at like a thousandth of the price.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

BonHair posted:

In actual production costs, yeah. The issue is research, development, testing and approval, which costs a lot over a long period of time. The price is all about getting a return on the investment, not about production costs.
Which is why it should be a publicly funded endeavour to make medicine.
Also this is why it takes like a month between a medical patent expiring and generics becoming available at like a thousandth of the price.

yeah the makers of wellbutrin still paying off the debt they got into when another company came up with it in 1969 and approved in 1985... poor guys

quote:

The cost for Wellbutrin XL oral tablet, extended release (150 mg/24 hours) is around $2,113 for a supply of 30 tablets, depending on the pharmacy you visit. Quoted prices are for cash-paying customers and are not valid with insurance plans. This price guide is based on using the Drugs.com discount card which is accepted at most U.S. pharmacies.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's absolutely insane how expensive pysch meds are, even more so than others. Like, do you want people to be able to function at all? The answer of course, is no.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Consolidated Ed posted:

its not that the one cop with the one gun can do much, its that they have a radio they can use to summon more cops, with more guns.

that's what the jammer perk is for, idiot

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Seen on Bluesky: the latest in employee wellness!

Note the generous kneeroom, thick padding on the seat, and comfortable seat angle.

From the company website https://www.mycabana.health/pods

I wonder why people would buy this thing?

Oh.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol wow

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Management of stress is how that should be read I think, not that management is important. Could be wrong though.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Biplane posted:

Management of stress is how that should be read I think, not that management is important. Could be wrong though.

It's the "direct signal" part that gets me. "Message: we care."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's the "direct signal" part that gets me. "Message: we care."

Yeah I think I would rather burn the building down than enter the wellness cube, to be honest.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

My knees couldn't take it, far less my brain.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

trying to use my vacation time to go to the doctor but i used it all up on immersive micro-vacations crying in the cabana cube

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh.

I’d take a poo poo in it, then walk out on the spot.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

LeeMajors posted:

I’d take a poo poo in it, then walk out on the spot.

I would think about doing this but not actually do it

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's not even private, the door is glass. Otherwise, and assuming a lock and no cameras, it would be a great place for workplace masturbation.
I see how it's great for idiot top management, it has all sorts of measurements you can turn into KPIs! And a budgetable cost!

But if you actually want to send the message that you care, maybe try caring?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Got fired for jackin it in the cabana cube

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

BonHair posted:

It's not even private, the door is glass. Otherwise, and assuming a lock and no cameras, it would be a great place for workplace masturbation.
I see how it's great for idiot top management, it has all sorts of measurements you can turn into KPIs! And a budgetable cost!

But if you actually want to send the message that you care, maybe try caring?

I assumed that's what they meant by "manage stress" tbh, maybe it's got that cool light blocking glass

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

many such cases!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
WHAT you said i could have a mini-vacation

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Getting the head of HR cancelled for sex negativity and kink shaming

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm sorry I thought I was on MicroVacation

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Cave Johnson Voice posted:

No, silly! It's a Cabana Pod: "A dedicated space for individuals to manage stress and anxiety with immersive micro-vacations and guided support."

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

spechtie posted:

lmao at the book of mormon reveal

lmao that it takes until three to get “put it in the safe you can program with your own special number”

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Note the generous kneeroom, thick padding on the seat, and comfortable seat angle.

Oh.

It’s the equivalent of the walk in if you don’t work in a restaurant

Iykyk

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

The Nastier Nate posted:

Iykyk

the best part about the walk in is it's thick enough you can scream just cause you gotta and chances are it won't bother customers

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

the best part about the walk in is it's thick enough you can scream just cause you gotta and chances are it won't bother customers

Are you screaming in anger, pain and/or orgasm?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

Are you screaming in anger, pain and/or orgasm?

Usually, yeah

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Iykyk

Honestly, a soundproofed room kept freezing cold with boxes of frozen french fries to punch while you yell would probably be way more effective and way cheaper than whatever that thing is, and on top of it you've got an extra big freezer for people to use at their own risk

edit - and if you could smoke a cigarette while doing it....

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i never thought about punching the fries

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Buddy, they don't even let ME punch the fries!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

cumpantry posted:

i never thought about punching the fries

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh.

"Your mini-vacation is off the clock, so you're going to need to apply a hour of accrued vacation time to cover it. No, you can't use them in less than one hour blocks. No, you can't sit in the mini-vacation booth for 55 more minutes. No, this doesn't bump you into overtime."

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

not funny to joke about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang