Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
If they could make it taste like jizz it wouldn't get hated on so much.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

haha my bad I'll try to make sure poo poo is real first. Anyway here's some bread.

Soyboy bread.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Let's play real life monopoly

https://dclandlord.org/play-real-life-monopoly/

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Zzulu posted:

Definitely wanna be frugal with money until I'm 60+ when the good life is all but over

Honey, if we save for 30 years we'll be swimming in cash by the time we're almost dead

My father worked full time as an auditor for the air force while my mother was a stay at home mom. Their plan was to get an rv and travel cross country when he retired. Then my mother died at 50. Oops.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Calico Heart posted:

So I live in the UK and only recently found out about Americans being scared to phone in sick for work or actually take the holiday time in their contract. To me, this was absolutely mind-blowing, even on a minimum wage job (I have worked my share or boring lovely jobs). I could maybe imagine phoning in and my boss being disappointed I couldn't make it in, but I can't imagine fearing for my livelihood every time I got a cold.

My American friend insists things are exactly the same over here and in most of the States, that workers have the exact same rights etc., it's just that Americans aren't likely to go to an employment tribunal or anything. Is this true? Am I and all my friends just really lucky to have worked the jobs they have? Am I totally wrong on this one? I've spoken to friends who work in call centres and as accountants about this and to them the idea of being afraid to take time off is a foreign, alien thing too.

Not saying UK is a bastion of worker's rights or anything, just that this issue is tripping me up

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
You can't trust someone who doesn't drink.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
Literal capitalist vampire

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Your company either got duped by a lovely salesperson or the salesperson didn’t know enough to have your bandwidth checked which is like VoIP 101. You’re basically forced into upgrading your internet bandwidth now.

The salesperson's second job is for their ISP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Homeless chic.