Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
where are the pictures. there are other threads for the writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
personal brand booster: the baader-meinhof phenomenon.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Sylink posted:

But if we were making 150k/year it'd be a lot easier so that lady can deal with it.

yeah nobody ever gets divorced

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Abongination posted:

Chad Richison

An awful lot of hotels, restaurants, cruise lines for a 2020 list

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I have friends who bought a second house in the middle of nowhere only to find out that their water access is tied to keeping a running farm in operation with a set yearly yield. lmao owned.

The Road to Serfdom

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fame Douglas posted:

You do realize it's a campy Hollywood movie. Or is the Matrix now "praxis"

I could see how the WFH set would settle into the pods eagerly to avoid thinking about climate death on the borders and police death within.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Forseti posted:

Hmmmm this gives me an idea to start a business where people pay me to remove features from new poo poo. I wonder how tricky it would be to get at the actual signal path to the panel in those things...

you should check the law on this, there’s probably a death penalty or manslaughter charge buried in there for conspiring to circumvent a copy protection mechanism or some poo poo.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the goon way is to plug a roku/plex into a computer monitor and $20 speakers

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

it’s really funny when people assume Turks give a gently caress about coffee

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

petit choux posted:

Lentils are where it's at.

easier to cook and more protein :D

tip: use a ton of butter and add Anaheim peppers in addition to whatever else

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i never got the impression they were armed. just that they swarm a store with dozens of thieves at once so there's no way to apprehend them

that owns

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Owlbear Camus posted:

American labor laws are a joke. "at will employment" means any pretext is legal as long as they aren't stupid enough to openly document the actual reason when its "fired for being black/pregnant/reporting harassment/gay/following policy" etc

the thing is, charges were made for ~70,000 employees in 2020 alone, about 56% being for retaliation: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/eeoc-roundup-part-i-10-things-to-know-about-2020-charges-and-litigation-statistics?amp

many such cases of being stupid enough.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Edmund Sparkler posted:

That looks like jail food. Probly just a coincidence tho.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramark

quote:

Aramark Corporation, known commonly as Aramark, is an American food service, facilities[disambiguation needed], and uniform services provider to clients in areas including education, healthcare, business, prisons, and leisure. It operates in North America (United States and Canada) and an additional 20 countries, including United Kingdom, Germany, Philippines, South Korea, Chile, Ireland, and Spain.

more:

https://www.nycfoodpolicy.org/prison-labor-is-remarkably-common-within-the-food-system/

quote:

Aramark

One of the country’s largest food service companies, Aramark has been subjected to repeated criticism for both its use of prison labor and the poor quality of the prison food it provides. The company controls dining services in almost 40 percent of all US prisons and is known to use prison labor to prepare and package much of the food it provides. In 2019 prisoners in Santa Rita Jail in Alameda County, California, sued the county for being “coerced to work for Aramark without pay,” but the suit is still pending as of the time of this publication.

Aramark also has numerous contracts with dining services at universities across the country, but their use of prison labor has left many students skeptical. Florida State University announced that they would contract Aramark to provide dining services in 2020, a decision that was met with widespread student disapproval. Some students at the University of Florida began a monetary boycott of Aramark, avoiding making purchases at on-campus dining facilities, after the school extended their contract for an extra year.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the Santa shortage is not being helped by Turkish nationalists and fundamentalists

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Had to take someone to the airport today. We were a bit early so we wandered around the shops and found this fun toy plane for kids:

If you pressed one of the wheels it would light up and yell "INCOMING!!!" and then make an explosion sound :shepface:

lol that’s sick

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Maed posted:

Only time I've ever even seen an executive was the COO in the bathroom, he never washed his hands

Three posters at the urinal.

The first goes to the sink and dries his hands with so many paper towels that not even the smallest droplet remains. "At D&D, we learn to be extremely thorough," he says.

The second uses only one towel for this and remarks: "At YOSPOS, we also learn to be extremely efficient."

The third walks past the sink and says, "At C-SPAM, we don't piss all over our hands!" :cheers:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

RandomBlue posted:

so this is why you spend $3500/mo on candles.

for starters, maybe.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
every word also names a number. even if you don’t know it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

but not vice versa. bam, georg cantor in the house

Biplane posted:

man this whole "numbers" racket seems like insanity from top to bottom.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's pieces per hour. That's a loving nuts pick rate too, if you have to leg around a warehouse.

However, often picks will be bulked, so if a scanner sends you to a bin and tells you to pick 17 of something, that's 17 for your pick rate.

The warehouse I was in had a standard pick rate around 90. I could swing 120+ regularly, but it was small items for the most part. A 310 pick rate must be nothing but tiny poo poo in the warehouse.

Sorry for the late reply, I had to go buy some weed.

your lateness has been noted. keep it up!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pryor on Fire posted:

“Foreign carriers are being allowed to disrespect us, and we can’t do anything about it,” says Aubrey Bettencourt, the association’s president. “We have no recourse.”

:qq:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

tokin opposition posted:

I fully support the president flying in American made planes, cars, and duck tour boats

I’d even ask he consider a 737 Max

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Marenghi posted:

Does better help connect you with real shrinks? The ads gave me the impression it was gig workers you'd be talking to.

give it a shot, they might be more relatable and better at their job than most “real shrinks” out there on account of their horrific experience.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Honj Steak posted:

When I used Noom a few years ago it would give me very low daily calorie limits and its database was spotty. Don’t know if it has changed a lot since then, the only thing I know is that Noom is insanely expensive nowadays. MyFitnessPal and YAZIO are much better calorie trackers that do the essentials for free.

mark rippetoe used a pencil

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
people would kill to live in Disney apartments

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

text editor posted:

Does it block out sunlight? that's probably what an upper-class Chinese woman is buying it for - preventing tans

commoners just don’t understand what a parasol is

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

it’s just a sun umbrella or parasol. anyone who buys that can afford an umbrella. it’s part of the point as an item of conspicuous consumption.

quote:

Please note, this item is not waterproof and is meant for sun protection or decorative use

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Practice your karate moves at the self checkout while holding stuff. That'll make the AI go nuts

The cameras caught me passing an item from one hand to another after tossing something in a bag and it thought I stole something. It looped the video of me doing it over and over while the lady logged in to clear it.

keep going im almost here:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Where are you shopping that they don't have a person to put the stuff in your basket for you, is that not the norm for grocery stores in other parts of the country or something?

found the aristocrat who shops at the aristocrat store for gourmands

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
just remembered Neil young’s thoughts about groceries

what an rear end in a top hat. I wonder if he uses self checkout

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
f:ins: man don’t need him around anyhow

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

hobbesmaster posted:

they advertise a lot on TikTok for some reason

Tiktok is perfect

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Actually if it's anything like the apps we've had to deal with at work the reason the system works is the store is collecting and selling the gently caress out of your user data.

security tip: use the (your area code) Jenny Number for discounts without being tracked. wear a mask and use cash i use a credit card cause idgaf

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
listen to neil young if you want to imo. it’s really funny he tried to get joe rohan cancelled though

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shear Modulus posted:

i think Neil young has probably changed his overall views. rockin in the free world was apparently written as a description of how lovely america was under Bush I.

lol

quote:

In 2015 and 2016, the song was played during Donald Trump's grand entry preceding his formal announcement that he would run as a Republican candidate for the 2016 presidency.[10] Young, a longtime supporter of Bernie Sanders, said that Trump's use of "Rockin' in the Free World" was not authorized.[11] The contention, later determined to be a licensing issue, was resolved, and Trump's campaign used the song. Young explained to Rolling Stone that he had no issue with the campaign using the song.[12]

In 2020, Trump again used the song at a pre-Fourth of July speech at Mount Rushmore on July 3, along with two other Young songs ("Like a Hurricane" and "Cowgirl in the Sand"). A tweet from Young from the official Neil Young Archives Twitter account responded to the usage of "Rockin' in the Free World” by retweeting a tweet from Rapid City Journal reporter Morgan Matzen that contained a video with the song playing at the Trump event with Young adding "This is NOT ok with me…". A minute later Young retweeted a second Matzen tweet, this time one showing a video of Young's song "Like a Hurricane" playing before the President took the stage, with Young adding "I stand in solidarity with the Lakota Sioux & this is NOT ok with me."[14] On August 4, 2020, Young filed a lawsuit in the Southern District of New York against the Trump campaign for copyright infringement for its use of "Rockin' in the Free World" and "Devil's Sidewalk" after both songs had been removed from ASCAP's political license.[15] On December 7, 2020, Young voluntarily dismissed the case.[16]

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

have your garbage skunked stuff in clear bottles, more out of date beer for me

if you send cash for shipping I will send you a can of this that’s been warming on top of my fridge for months. too skunky even when fresh and ice cold

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

A can is basically a metal barrel so yeah probably. Unless it's a clear can.

the plastic adds a great oily flavor

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shame Boy posted:

Oh also i bought some stuff a few weeks ago that was like, 50/50 fruit juice mixed with real mild german wheat beer and that was very nice too.

good time to pick up any of your favorite German wheat beers cause this might be the last time they’re this affordable and easy to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steel reserve is palatable once you've had Hurricane

honestly it’s more enjoyable than like 60% of ipas