Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Kongming posted:

I can believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Big puzzle game sale on steam...it cannot be overstated how badass tetris effect is.

https://store.steampowered.com/category/puzzle_matching

PPT2 is 75% off too

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I've learned a little about tetris-likes by playing Tromi and getting fededback from the creator of Tromi. oil check it out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

I've learned a little about tetris-likes by playing Tromi and getting fededback from the creator of Tromi. oil check it out.

Good choice.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

oh yeah i remember that game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I dont. Some kind of anime gacha poo poo??

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hell. shouldve been

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

I dont. Some kind of anime gacha poo poo??
You're 10th in the world.

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

American McGay posted:

You're 10th in the world.

And youre first on my shitlist. Taste lead! *Magdumps deagle missing every shot due to inaccuracy stats* Say hi to satan for me.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

And youre first on my shitlist. Taste lead! *Magdumps deagle missing every shot due to inaccuracy stats* Say hi to satan for me.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

ArfJason posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
theyre puttin tgm2 on the switch and ps4 on june one. please buy it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/tgm_series/status/1660586305460359168

june 1, apparently

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i wasn't interested until i heard Hamster Inc. is involved.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
tgm2 is widely regarded as the best in the series. this is very exciting news

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

can you briefly describe why for a noob (me). thanks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
these are never coming to pc are they

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

b_d posted:

sonic drop (non-locking instant drop) makes it possible to elegantly tuck pieces under overhangs with one smooth 270 degree motion of the stick. this is named a zangi-move because it’s a similar input to zangief’s spinning pile driver

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
i’m at a tgm meet-up all week, by the way, which is being streamed at https://twitch.tv/colour_thief

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

b_d posted:

tgm2's biggest improvement over tgm1 is, as caithness said, sonic drop, which speeds up the gameplay considerably and brings it more in line with other tetris games

it also runs on simpler hardware, has more music, and is considerably more difficult / deep; the grades are no longer arbitrary score thresholds

it's a shame tgm3 made the game so much harder, because the changes to the formula (T and I pieces kicking upwards, hold, 3 previews) are similarly very nice for casual players

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Caithness posted:

i’m at a tgm meet-up all week
:catstare:

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/vgartandtidbits/status/1661703101668106240?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

----------------

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

tweet doesn't exist, what was it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

----------------

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Been playing lots of free Tetris… think I will buy Tetris Effect Connected

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if you want some nonstandard tetris-brand fun, i'd recommend junk. every game lasts exactly two minutes... but the twist is that you're playing the game someone else just finished. when you start the game, it shows the stack from the bottom up, so you could get a game that has a relatively clean stack with only some rows or you could sit there for half a minute watching hundreds scroll by

there's a handful of shared boards (six?) and every game is two minutes. you also get to see the name of the previous person and put in your own name for the next person

nobody can tell how you did, just that you were the last person there

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJ5UuknsHU

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

badass

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sick. Getting your flow interrupted like that must feel like death for a split second though lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

he actually had to time a single at the right line count to cause it to crash, so it would feel euphoric

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

been playing Tromi v2 lately, good job Myco

also i just downloaded Apotris and it's pretty sick. it's basically the ultimate GBA tetris game that never existed, has most of the modes you'd expect including the Tetris Effect zone thing, TGM Master mode, Classic NES/GB mode, etc. and lots of ways to customize the handling and look and feel of the game. really nice game, i can see this becoming the default version of Tetris i play on handheld going forward.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i feel like apotris is real, real old, surprised to see it's still getting updates and got a chuckle out of seeing the tetris effect zone mode

supposedly there was a new puyo game released exclusively for, drumroll please, apple arcade. sega's management decisions around the puyo franchise continue to confound me

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's for beef bowl faces

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

tmfc posted:

been playing Tromi v2 lately, good job Myco

thank you. more ppl should play it imo. and post their scores on the leaderboard. imo again.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i probably already missed my chance to be on the leaderboard because i am not very good but i'm still gonna try.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the leaderboard has no limit. all scores are welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

the leaderboard has no limit. all scores are welcome

this pb is not welcome