Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Yep it's classic Tetris alright, complete with 38 piece droughts and all.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1333852882714710016

you should skim before the stack gets that high op

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

can't wait for more t spin bullshit. gently caress you tetris holdings company!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Caithness posted:

I finished Big mode for the first time on hardware.

sick

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
mihara likes to hint here and there that they're "working on something" re: tgm home ports or tgm4 and has been doing that for like 10 years so im used to disappointment by now, but here it seems a little bit more concrete. we'll see

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Caithness posted:

Congratulations to mycophobia for getting GM in tgm2+

thanks mang. you should play more master mode

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i had some moneynleft over on my jp psn account so im playing home tgm early. wow!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
tgm1 on pad isnt as painful as i thought itd might be

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

I've learned a little about tetris-likes by playing Tromi and getting fededback from the creator of Tromi. oil check it out.

oh yeah i remember that game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hell. shouldve been

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
theyre puttin tgm2 on the switch and ps4 on june one. please buy it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

tmfc posted:

been playing Tromi v2 lately, good job Myco

thank you. more ppl should play it imo. and post their scores on the leaderboard. imo again.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the leaderboard has no limit. all scores are welcome

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

this pb is not welcome

the rules posted:

6. Most importantly, just post! No score is too small, no improvement too minor. I love watching replays of all skill levels so don't worry about spamming up the thread or anything. Don't be shy!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i want to see more replays from ppl who havent already played a ton of tgm

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

tmfc posted:

i'll try to get one on there later today

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've never played tgm and Tetris DX (GBC) is the version I've played the most

I'll give it a shot this weekend

:cheers:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Tromi - Fat Stacks but no Fat Sluts

What appears at first glance to be a simple Tetris clone (which the author comically dances around namedropping by calling this game "[his] take on the tetromino puzzle action concept [1]") is anything but. Choosing to eschew the stale formula of the Tetris company where you have several previews, hold buttons and what is known as a "7-bag" generator which guarantees no droughts of a particular piece, among other things (we will not get into the intricacies of the Super Rotation System, as it escapes the scope of this review). Taking all these elisions into consideration, you can notice a particular attention to detail, and an intimate knowledge of the videogame Tetris, its various offshoots, and start realizing there is a supreme clarity of purpose to this game.

By forgoing a standardized 7-bag method, it means the game does not become a mind numbing reflex test that can, quite literally, be played forever [2]. Going fast in standard Guideline Tetris can, and does, feel exhilarating, but if you're not the fastest shoot in the west, it can easily get tedious, and this is before getting in the First Optimal Strategies involving techniques such as T-spin towers and center 4-wide wells that can make the game one dimensional. Tromi, rather, takes a novel approach, where it uses AI algorithms to determine whether your stack is clean, and if you're effective at keeping it that way. Coupled with a more random piece generator (while still keeping droughts at bay) it exercises your creativity and improvisational skills. How will you deal with two Z pieces followed by 1 J and 1 S? Your stack is full of stairs and gaps, yet, there is a dreaded square in the preview, and you have a fraction of a second to figure out what to do with the I currently barrelling into a precipice of bad past decisions.

Despite the stricter judgement of play and unpredictable piece generation, Tromi is a merciful overseer. The gameplay is constantly monitored for your performance, and if you're doing well, it'll speed up accordingly (those familiar with the extremely niche and unforgiving cult classic Tetris: The Grand Master series will be familiar with such adaptive difficulty), which for a fledgling Tetromonger as myself, is certainly welcome. That doesn't mean there isn't a learning curve. If you've been playing nothing but Guideline Tetris you will need to adapt to the strange ways the pieces might react.

As for aesthetics, once again, this game goes for the simple and elegant, and has the inspired choice of using as background music some great piano pieces by the legendary Jerry Martin of The Sims[3] fame. These long songs help avoid repetition and get you in the flow of the game.

But with all the good, must come the bad. A colleague of mine, Hizu Nana over at gamespooge.com let me know of rumors that Tromi was developing an update which would include sluts; a variety of anime[5] girls with gigantic tits and asses, in various states of undress. I held off on the tantalizing open beta testing in anticipation of a full product full of the most retarded looking and sexually provocative Tromi whores only to be left at a total loss, with the only feeling being an empty pit in my stomach, and a back full of stabs. Are the developers really OK with writing checks that their fanbase won't be able to jack off? Have there been issues in the dev studio given the impending release date? I think we will eventually get an illuminating tell all story about the development of Tromi, and its infamous "slutsgate" which the dev refuses to comment on, but for the time being we'll have to make do with assumptions and our hands. Let's hope this gets addressed soon, because the gaming public is not happy; they got a mouth packed with curses, a mind full of grudges and a dick bursting with cum.

Despite the glaring omission, I highly recommend you to play Tromi, just don't let the lack of sluts put you off.

lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i'm proud to announce we're setting up a kickstarter to add anime sluts to tromi. details to follow