Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Shrapnig posted:

Fists to the face, here comes fourth place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Imagine thinking it was ever coming home but in the end losing 3 games throughout the WC and having the easiest bracket.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

bessantj posted:

Well I would like to congratulate England on their finest world cup since 1966.

thank u

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just a fragment of a once great empire. Back to the council house chavs

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Englamd should get a real manager next time

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ray Rice angrily putting on an England shirt

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

The English are complaining that they don't have a big enough player pool again.

As if they were a small country without a strong domestic league. You've got hundreds of Premier League players to choose from ffs.

How can they be expected to compete with Croatia, which I assume has a population of 400,000,000?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

*laughs rich and satisfied with life*

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Kane was complete gash that entire match why is he playing if he's not fit or in form. Who cares about the golden boot just win the match ffs

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

*laughs rich and satisfied with life*

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

John F Bennett is my new favorite poster

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

How would one not love african aids cum?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they shouldn't have brought welbeck, the arsenal 4th place curse is upon him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Well done Belges, good game, probably better than tomorrow's final, deserved winners

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Also, great play as always by "Kevin De Bruyne"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love this site, where creepy neckbeards just randomly and totally sincerely tell the rest of the world that yes, they would have a beer with some woman on a picture

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

As a boomer I still don't know who that is.
Please explain asap

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Freed from desire is my girlfriend's favourite song because I'm a poor with strong beliefs (which I post on something awful.com)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Who the gently caress is that

Tom

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

shadok posted:

How can they be expected to compete with Croatia, which I assume has a population of 400,000,000?

lol

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Reminder that England only beat Panama and Tunisia and Colombia narrowly in penalties. Russia also beat two poo poo teams and knocked out Spain and lost to Croatia on penalities. Ergo suck my balls.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's honestly incredible how the English campaign is being treated as some great success. They beat two poo poo teams, a middling team without their star player, a below par team, and then lost to the first team that was good and not mentally weak. They probably would've been bounced out of the tournament the first game had they landed anywhere on the other side of the bracket.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lynch_69 posted:

Reminder that England only beat Panama and Tunisia and Colombia narrowly in penalties. Russia also beat two poo poo teams and knocked out Spain and lost to Croatia on penalities. Ergo suck my balls.

QED

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

It's honestly incredible how the English campaign is being treated as some great success. They beat two poo poo teams, a middling team without their star player, a below par team, and then lost to the first team that was good and not mentally weak. They probably would've been bounced out of the tournament the first game had they landed anywhere on the other side of the bracket.

It is completely incomprehensible how a country with no recent tournament success could consider coming fourth to be a good result.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
People need to shut up. You can only beat who you get pitted against and England got to the semi-finals of a major international tournament. It's a major improvement on past performances and many nations couldn't even get that far. Let the English be happy and concentrate on your own failed nation states like the US.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

peanut- posted:

It is completely incomprehensible how a country with no recent tournament success could consider coming fourth to be a good result.

They 100% should've been in the final given their draw and the "good result" is devoid of context if all you say is "4th out of 32". Hell you couldn't even get third lol.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Seltzer posted:

They got to the semifinals for the first time in 28 years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does the fact it has playoff in the name just make americans complete retards thinking anyone gives a poo poo about that match lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Brony Car posted:

People need to shut up. You can only beat who you get pitted against and England got to the semi-finals of a major international tournament. It's a major improvement on past performances and many nations couldn't even get that far. Let the English be happy and concentrate on your own failed nation states like the US.

Imagine Brazil with england's run in, or Belgium, or Portugal, or France, even probably Argentina or Uruguay- They'd all at least make it to the Croatia game, most of them to the final.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

who gives a poo poo england got to the semi final

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

They 100% should've been in the final given their draw and the "good result" is devoid of context if all you say is "4th out of 32". Hell you couldn't even get third lol.

But we got beaten in the semi-final by a better, more experienced team. This was a good tournament for this England squad.

Also the third/fourth playoff is not a real game.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Seltzer posted:

Imagine Brazil with england's run in, or Belgium, or Portugal, or France, even probably Argentina or Uruguay- They'd all at least make it to the Croatia game, most of them to the final.

Imagine Spain oops wait maybe not them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its stupid to talk about good teams or whatever when germany didn't even make it out of the group, italy and the netherlands didn't qualify and spain got knocked out in the round of 16. when they're on croatia are really good

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I think France v Croatia is going to be a dull dull final.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

peanut- posted:

I always come first

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

peanut- posted:

Also the third/fourth playoff is not a real game.

It's real to us Belgians.

Which is probably the saddest thing about our Golden Generation not beating France.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wales beat Belgium in their own journey to a major semi final.

But also lost to England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
England suck lol

• Locked thread