Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut posted:

If this fight goes to decision I don't ever want to see either one of them in the UFC again.

CUT THEM THIS WAS AWFUL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
honestly I'm impressed Ivanov made it to the end of that fight and was still swinging

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bizarre card with some cool poo poo, insane judging, and a bad main event. overall, p good.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Brown Paper Bag posted:

There's actually been action and good shots landed. It's just that there's been no dramatic moments and it's been obvious JDS was going to win via decision early in the fight

Yeah it was this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

bizarre card with some cool poo poo, insane judging, and a bad main event. overall, p good.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fuckin hammerfist KO from the bottom

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Bad matchup. Two kickboxers and one of them southpaw, not surprising the fight would blow without a knockout. Not too much of a black mark against either guy imo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brown Paper Bag posted:

There's actually been action and good shots landed. It's just that there's been no dramatic moments and it's been obvious JDS was going to win via decision early in the fight

Yeah I also enjoy knowing who's gonna win early in to my 5 round heavyweight fights.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Bad matchup. Two kickboxers and one of them southpaw, not surprising the fight would blow without a knockout. Not too much of a black mark against either guy imo

Ivanov took every punch that shows up in Dos Santos' insane highlight reel and didn't even wobble. Dude's built out of whatever they make tanks out of.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Ivanov took every punch that shows up in Dos Santos' insane highlight reel and didn't even wobble. Dude's built out of whatever they make tanks out of.

drinking until you're braindead is the best base for MMA

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i googled boisie when the card was announced because it sounded like a made-up place and the next biggest attraction in boisie is 'the old jail' so by that metric tonights ufc event might have been the greatest piece of entertainment boisie has ever seen which is really cool for them.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i googled boisie when the card was announced because it sounded like a made-up place and the next biggest attraction in boisie is 'the old jail' so by that metric tonights ufc event might have been the greatest piece of entertainment boisie has ever seen which is really cool for them.

It's the capital of Idaho!

(I've only heard of it because we had to memorize all the capitals for my 7th grade social studies class)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Ivanov didn't look too awful technically. I'd like to see him fight someone that doesn't have crazy reach advantage over him.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

When I was a kid, a million years ago, any time a movie, or TV show, wanted to imply that a place was boring, or stodgy, they would always compare it to Duluth, or Boise.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

drinking until you're braindead is the best base for MMA

*glances at Jon Jones*

Checks out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

When I was a kid, a million years ago, any time a movie, or TV show, wanted to imply that a place was boring, or stodgy, they would always compare it to Duluth, or Boise.

but not tonight, baby

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Le Saboteur posted:

I feel bad for the goon thats having to sweat his rear end off for this fight.

yeah it was 100+ today and that arena is pretty much exclusively used for minor league hockey lmao. it didnt bother me too much tho

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

fastest growing city in the nation lol

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

fastest growing city in the nation lol

Horizontally?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i think that bulgarian dude has a real good chin he was eating some huge shots without even gettin wobbly

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sold out and the crowd was pretty good so i hope they come back. not an awful card by any means

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

sold out and the crowd was pretty good so i hope they come back. not an awful card by any means

nah i was serious when i said that was definitely not bad. except for the judging. by the sounds of it you guys agreed with those of us at home re a lot of the decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

nah i was serious when i said that was definitely not bad. except for the judging. by the sounds of it you guys agreed with those of us at home re a lot of the decisions.

yeah the judging was pretty crazy. first event though so whatevr i didnt even know there was an idaho state athletic commission lol

• Locked thread