Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Since it is already nearly the ides of July, I think it is time for a byob summer sigs thread.
Please post your summer sig requests and offers here.
:byob1:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer

request: signature that cures depression

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i want a summer sig, but on the grounds that i must make it myself

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

WindmillSlayer posted:

just spitballing here but... puppies and kittens smoking weed?

:ohdear:

City of Glompton

please... someone sig me. maybe a chick in a pool, drinking a refreshing beverage?

or really a chick doing anything summer-y

thank you :)

City of Glompton

also thank you barking gecko for making this thread :love:

MockingQuantum

I am always very admiring of the lovely byob seasonal sigs, excited to see them while the ink has not yet dried

I can offer little in the way of artistic input tho, so my contribution to this thread will have to be as a rare and highly-desired "ideas guy"

thank you luvcow for the sig

Macnult

I’m in a real happy good vibes summertime mood and would like a sig that matches with that

cda

by Hand Knit

WindmillSlayer posted:

if someone wants to clean up the edges and or do a tutorial on how to clean up edges...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

treasure bear

cda posted:

if someone wants to clean up the edges and or do a tutorial on how to clean up edges...

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
refine mask, smooth, feather, apply

cda

by Hand Knit

----------------

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
my dream is to have a byob summer sig that just screams Grass Type

:420:

Macnult

I love it. thank you cda

WindmillSlayer

Thanks tbear

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.
I'd like a sig picturing my phantump self wandering a forest and finding the most amazing thing in the world. open to interpretation as to what that thing is.

Twenty Four

If anyone has a summer take on my AV like my current and previous sigs, that's cool! If not it's cool, summer is the worst where I live!

City of Glompton

bump

barfdog

i'd like one to reflect the growing problem of minidisc terrorism please

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

MockingQuantum

i dont know if im byob enough to deserve a sig but id love one that is an artistic interpretation of all the chill ghosts that have possessed me since joining the pastel-est of forums, there are so many I can bearly contain them

MockingQuantum

minidisc terrorism posted:

i'd like one to reflect the growing problem of minidisc terrorism please

Im a non-artiste so I cant actually make this happen but I envision a minidisc with a black balaclava chillin next to a nice hot grill, one hand holding a brewski, the other brandishing an AK47 firing some delicious brats into the air

barfdog

MockingQuantum posted:

Im a non-artiste so I cant actually make this happen but I envision a minidisc with a black balaclava chillin next to a nice hot grill, one hand holding a brewski, the other brandishing an AK47 firing some delicious brats into the air

this is definitely better than the concept i had lmbo

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

City of Glompton

i decided to see if i could cobble together a sig for myself but i got sidetracked

i'm not sure if you want a sig toxicslurpee, but i saw the background and thought of you

however i'm not sure what else to do with it, it seems small but it doesn't resize well. maybe add something next to it?

e like this maybe?

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 28, 2018

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Robot Made of Meat

City of Glompton posted:

i decided to see if i could cobble together a sig for myself but i got sidetracked

i'm not sure if you want a sig toxicslurpee, but i saw the background and thought of you

however i'm not sure what else to do with it, it seems small but it doesn't resize well. maybe add something next to it?

e like this maybe?

That sig definitely says "Toxic Slurpee" to me.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

Indeed, I greatly enjoy this and appreciate it. Thank you, sir or madam.

I'm sewage flavored.

cda

by Hand Knit

holy poo poo this loving owns. i wish my name were toxic slurpee and this were my sig, that's how good it is

----------------

Manifisto

excellent sig!

City of Glompton

i have this vision in mind for my sig, but i can't figure out how to make it happen.

i'd like a freight train with my name etc on the boxcars that follow it in the graffonti font

but i can't find a good train background

here's what i am hoping to have but imagine each set of text on a train instead of on a dumb paper background

can anyone help me out with a train (can be real or animated) that would be good to write on?

City of Glompton

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Indeed, I greatly enjoy this and appreciate it. Thank you, sir or madam.

also youre welcome, i'm glad you like it, it was fun to make

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

i have this vision in mind for my sig, but i can't figure out how to make it happen.

i'd like a freight train with my name etc on the boxcars that follow it in the graffonti font

but i can't find a good train background

here's what i am hoping to have but imagine each set of text on a train instead of on a dumb paper background

can anyone help me out with a train (can be real or animated) that would be good to write on?

there is a whole selection of train car drawings here:

http://trainiax.net/me55-paintrs.php

there is also this image, I tried to do a quick and dirty remove of the watermarks and background:

if you want a 3d type thing, maybe someone has done a free blender model I could customize . . . I could look into it if you liked

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

thank you! i will see what i can do with that

Manifisto

type of thing

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

type of thing

That's beautiful . . but isn't it going the wrong way?

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

That's beautiful . . but isn't it going the wrong way?

yes it should be coming right at the viewer like in the classic 3d movies such as comin' at ya

no seriously it can be going in whatever direction but why should it be going the other way? maybe brain not function gud tonite

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

yes it should be coming right at the viewer like in the classic 3d movies such as comin' at ya

no seriously it can be going in whatever direction but why should it be going the other way? maybe brain not function gud tonite

Because the text would be more readable, with the first letter appearing first, and the last letter appearing last. Kind of like a text crawl on television. Words come in on the right side, and move to the left.

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Because the text would be more readable, with the first letter appearing first, and the last letter appearing last. Kind of like a text crawl on television. Words come in on the right side, and move to the left.

okay well train can go that way too

if youre all into readability and similar newfangled nonsense

City of Glompton

Manifisto posted:

type of thing

oh man i love this and yeah having it go the other way would be neato

also this is way above my skill level i think, unless you can send me a how to

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

oh man i love this and yeah having it go the other way would be neato

also this is way above my skill level i think, unless you can send me a how to

yea it's just a proof of concept, the train can go whatever way, you can have multiple cars saying different things, there can be whatever background you might like etc

I might even be able to put the train on some kind of track, who knows

for the record tho I did not model the train car, I did color it in and animate it etc

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

yea it's just a proof of concept, the train can go whatever way, you can have multiple cars saying different things, there can be whatever background you might like etc

for the record tho I did not model the train car, I did color it in and animate it etc

You do amazing stuffs

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Splatmaster posted:

You do amazing stuffs

Manifisto posted:

:peanut:

if you would do this for me...i would request the following

Engine (nothing on it)

boxcar 1, red text: City of Glompton

boxcar 2, orange text : Summer BYOB 2018

boxcar 3, in yellow: LIVING

boxcar 4, in green: CHILLING

boxcar 5, in blue: MOBBING

boxcar 6: a still of the chick when it's popped out of the egg smiling with its head tilted to the side

background can be anything, summery things might be nice

• Locked thread