Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont think going to space will fix any of our problems directly but i think it should be done regardless. theres a lot of science to be done in microgravity. also there's a lot of metal out there in the asteroid belt. but i think an energy revolution occuring all of a sudden is more likely than space becoming useful as anything other than a place for weather sats, spy sats, and weapons in the next century

aside from just the research that can directly be done in microgravity, space funding is good for scientific progress because "space exploration" is a concept that's flashy and impresses dipshits so it's a great excuse to funnel money into people who technically work for space agencies but are actually just doing barely-related research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread