Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Nezuya being a chuunibyo (is that what the term is?) that everyone clearly knows is one and think is a bit stupid because of it but likes anyway as he makes random poses and overly dramatically responds to everything around him is great. Also, Norio Wakamoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He's going to eat the presidentdragon at the end isn't he?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The Sealing Faction's soul numbing doesn't work by offering peaceful things as far as I understand it, it works by offering your greatest desires. If they love violence, then the seals would just incorporate that and offer them an endless battlefield where they can kill as much as they like as long as they like. I can see original manga Hayato falling in to that trap at least since he was just a ball of energy looking for a direction and a dream of unlimited choices and violence could potentially draw him in to following them.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Phobophilia posted:

im god drat furious they should have gone with teacher shiraishi

A student can go places a teacher can't without suspicion and a fellow student is more likely to trust them implicitly, which might be important. Sure, she can hypnotize (almost) anyone, but if she doesn't see a person and they report a teacher going somewhere they shouldn't be or doing something with a student it would be a hassle to sort out.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Plus, Soya is an alien so it makes sense that at least some humans should be involved in not just protecting the planet but deciding it's future and whether it's an evolution of love, an evolution of power or to be sealed. Torai taking up Soya's place while he mulls over what he wants or just steps back full stop is putting him in a place where he can be a representative of humanity in the pacifist faction to counteract the humans now working as part of the Sealing Faction.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The speculation I've seen is that she has something to do with the dragon Soya wants to kill since the only other person who Shiraishi couldn't hypnotize was the president (Ryujozi Takashi), and he was a reincarnation of the dragon's power. Which would mean Soya fighting Takamagahara at some point, possibly in a G Gundam style "fighting to free her" way. Which is a good way to set up a declaration of love as well as show them going for the evolution of love instead of the evolution of power.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
In general I've liked the show's pacing, but at the same time I do wish the show had been twice the episode order because I feel some parts require me to be more attached to the cast or invested in them than I am in reality. Benika and Yoshino's switch to working with the sealing faction for instance would mean more if I had had some reason to care about them prior to that decision. More than that, Ginko saying that Nezuya was Soya's friend so she's glad he's okay feels kind of off because we got so little of Nezuya interacting with Soya before he was sealed. I can certainly see that that was the intention, and there's enough there to get the point but but what we got felt like a cliffnotes version where it was just hitting the highlights and running through them as fast as possible to get to the end.

That said, I loved the end of this fight. Sensei and Generalissimo both being reluctant to use the doping can because of the hangover while Soya and Shiraishi are just telling them to do it and eager is great. As was both of their regular mech forms plopping out from the giant ship version's crest to go inside Generalissimo's body. It was a fun way to finish the fight. As was Sensei's mech form disappearing so that Soya and Sensei could attack on foot in a coordinated manner. Looking foward to seeing the cast next episode, whether the old man shows up or not and how they've all grown.

Edit: I've just noticed this is only episode 10, where I assumed it was 12 or something so it's probably going to finish on 11? Really even just one or two more episodes to make it 12 or 13 and expand on a few relationships or characters a small bit would have helped in my opinion. I'm a fan of slower paced shows though, so that could just be me.

tsob fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I like knowing that Karellan's tail is probably swishing madly despite his haughty demeanor in that shot.