Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Looks like aliens are invading again!

Good thing humanity has super heroes to protect us!

Unfortunately, our hero's job is to defeat these people. Oops.

But maybe, if he does so, he will finally get some meat.

Planet With is an anime television series by J.C.Staff adapting the newest manga by Satoshi Mizukami. (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, Spirit Circle) If you've read his manga, you'd look forward to this.

It's streaming on Crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/planet-with

OP/ED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAgRNT1WvQ

PS: Please no manga based spoilers in this thread. Thanks!

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I think the Secretary is aligned with the Dog, but she won't be the big bad - the old guy will, since his All-You-Can-Eat meat consumption seems to be diametrically opposed to Soya...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Mizukami is doing the storyboards and series composition.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Hmm, maybe we are seeing what the Sealing Faction's real game is. The boss's idea of True Peace sounds a lot like what they might be into...

Also lol at Nezuya failing his test in epic style.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

What is this, a series where characters notice things and use logic???!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I don't think anyone will end up straightforwardly villainous.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Poor meat dad. :(

Edit: It's interesting Generalissimo can speak human language, but refuses to. I wonder if it's just arrogance or if there's a deeper reason.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 12, 2018

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe it's just that if you die as a dragon, you die for real.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

My sense is that the way to escape the sealing dream is to have an obligation to something or someone outside of the dream. It's a superego sort of thing.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The set up right now reminds me a lot of Iain Banks' Culture books. Nebula being basically the Culture. Sensei and Generalissimo seem like factions or Minds within Contact or Special Circumstances with these lesser civilisations being pawns within their wider game, against whom their higher technology make them close to gods. Meanwhile the People of Paradise seem like the Sublimed.

The Dragon is basically the 'psychopathically righteous' GCU Meatfucker.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I suspect it's kinda part of the Sealing Faction's self imposed 'we will have an even playing field' rule, that Shiraishi must lower herself to Soya's level.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I'm worried about Torai.... that chest clutching can't be good...

Also Nozomi Tamagarahara is good.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 26, 2018

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Mulderman posted:

Stop acting Childish!
I AM A CHILD!

Says the grown woman disguised as a highschooler, too. Rampant hypocrisy sure does seem like a Sealing Faction hallmark.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I'm wondering what determines whether you can understand Sensei/Generalissimo's people. Maybe it's some measure of power, so glasses guy is maybe a lot more powerful than he seems? Shiraishi was able to stand toe-to-toe vs Takashi on her own (without Cat Doping), and while Ginko didn't seem to *do anything*, she was involved in the battle.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Episode 8: Don't get in the drat robot Shinji.

My guess is it's tied to empathy, and specifically having psychic powers that are expressions of being able to understand people like telepathy. (I mean, we know that Ginko can read minds and is really good at it, what with the whole sequence of her being able to hear the thoughts of everyone on Sirius.)

Benika's more of a brute force sort of psychic, so she can't get an entire monologue out of a single woof.

What is significant was that Takashi was able to hear Generalissimo directly during their fight, and Generalissimo expected that to be the case.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I can't believe season 2 of planet with ended already

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe those with psychic powers (yes, I am including Nozomi) have some resistance so they do the 'collapse unconscious, then wake up sealed' thing, whereas normal people are fried instantly? That seems consistent with what we saw before.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

tsob posted:

Edit: I've just noticed this is only episode 10, where I assumed it was 12 or something so it's probably going to finish on 11? Really even just one or two more episodes to make it 12 or 13 and expand on a few relationships or characters a small bit would have helped in my opinion. I'm a fan of slower paced shows though, so that could just be me.

I think it's a 12 episode series.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Seems concerning that Purple Tentacle is part of Nebula

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Anime was good, vegetarian end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I guess if you want more episodes there's still the manga...