Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I was listening to a Good Place podcast, and the writer said that if the audience has an expectation of certain events, push them way ahead of schedule. I was not expecting Planet With to move so fast with its dragons and conquest schemes, but I'm completely down with this direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I wasn't expecting the actual final battle to be in episode SIX. In any normal series, this would be the finale of season three.

Dragon's remark about the invaders wanting to preserve a colony is a little ominous. Is Earth a colony, or is it about to be colonized?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Humanity developing a powerful new tool and going on a genocidal war of conquest? Pfft, point to me to ONE TIME in history where that happened. ...oh, every time? Okay, I'm rooting for the Sealing Faction now.

I think it's interesting to see that Sirius wasn't exactly an innocent power. I had assumed the Dragon was the protagonist's brother, i.e: a fellow Siriusian consumed with self-hatred, but it seems like they were an outside force.

I also appreciated how the hypnosis power was immediately nullified. No drawn out memory-wiping subplot, just straight to the endgame like always.