Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spiritus Nox posted:

Interesting how the latest episode did a lot to make Ginko and Sensei seem much friendlier and less threatening. Still not at all convinced that they're entirely trustworthy, tho.

Maybe it's to reflect our protagonist's changing perspective, since he realizes his interests are aligned with theirs for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

I think the bass kind of worked in this episode because it only really came out when the dragon took over - I don’t remember nearly as much in previous Armour fights. It was a jarring, scary, hosed-up sound for a jarring, scary, hosed-up sequence.

I agree. I was surprised when the dragon roared and felt like it was sufficiently intimidating.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

If there's one thing the author's writing is good at, it's cutting out a lot of the cruft and just skipping straight to the next plot beat. If Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer was a more traditional battle shounen, it could easily have been 5 to 10 times its original length with all the padding and plodding that it entailed.

The author excels at depicting battles as a metaphor for internal conflict between people, and does a good job with not getting bogged with action to the point where it becomes boring. Every part of a fight has a purpose to it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

0/10 Soya never got any meat.