Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

it's clearly a nuke analogy

Possibly an environmentalist angle too, but yeah mankind annihilating itself and the rest of the world with its own tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So the power of lesbian cruses wasn't enough to save the day? This anime challenges me in whole new ways.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In one of the options the people willingly chose the path, in the other they are forced into it.

It seems a bit more than that. A race which is "sealed" doesn't grow or change further, which seems different from what the pacifist faction want.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Well, that moved fast.

Honestly I'm loving this show just for the breakneck pacing of the story and the refusal to pad things out.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Episode 8: Don't get in the drat robot Shinji.

Fangz posted:

I'm wondering what determines whether you can understand Sensei/Generalissimo's people. Maybe it's some measure of power, so glasses guy is maybe a lot more powerful than he seems? Shiraishi was able to stand toe-to-toe vs Takashi on her own (without Cat Doping), and while Ginko didn't seem to *do anything*, she was involved in the battle.

My guess is it's tied to empathy, and specifically having psychic powers that are expressions of being able to understand people like telepathy. (I mean, we know that Ginko can read minds and is really good at it, what with the whole sequence of her being able to hear the thoughts of everyone on Sirius.)

Benika's more of a brute force sort of psychic, so she can't get an entire monologue out of a single woof.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So yeah, Planet With continues its trend of cramming entire seasons worth of content into a couple of episodes. Frankly I am in awe of how well-paced this show is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

That was quite nice.