Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting how the latest episode did a lot to make Ginko and Sensei seem much friendlier and less threatening. Still not at all convinced that they're entirely trustworthy, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The show certainly keeps playing with our perception of various characters. Soya and pals have gone from being shady, borderline-villanous protagonists to pretty straightforwardly heroic characters, while the Paladins have become much more nuanced and, at least as far as the boss is concerned, sinister. Curious to see how many face-heel turns and vice versa we get before the show's finished.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Hmm, maybe we are seeing what the Sealing Faction's real game is. The boss's idea of True Peace sounds a lot like what they might be into...

Also lol at Nezuya failing his test in epic style.

I wonder if he's still got his power-vial-thingy after that failure.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe if this does well, dare we hope for a spirit circle anime?

...is it doing well?

Probably too early to say.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Clarste posted:

Just based on general reactions, like the number of comments and ratings on the Crunchyroll videos, it doesn't seem to have a huge amount of viewers.

Edit: Just based on a brief skim of the number of ratings on episodes from over a week ago, it's actually one of the lowest watched series of the new season?

It's certainly not a show that screams "Mass-market appeal", what with the whole deliberately-surreal-and-silly-mask-over-a-deceptively-thoughtful-and-perceptive-character-musing thing it's doing. But an anime doesn't necessarily need to be a mass-market success to be a success on its own terms, so...grain of salt.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Strong show, even if I kind of wish it had been two cours so it could have afforded to insert some downtime and stretch things out just a bit. B+, Glad I watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zerilan posted:

I don't think it needed 24-26 eps but if it could have been like 14-15 (or like 13 + the post-timeskip as an OVA with how cours work or whatever) I think it would have been a little better I think.

Yeah, that probably would have been the ideal length, but you don't usually see shows do weird numbers like that these days.