Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think the bass kind of worked in this episode because it only really came out when the dragon took over - I don’t remember nearly as much in previous Armour fights. It was a jarring, scary, hosed-up sound for a jarring, scary, hosed-up sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I agree. I was surprised when the dragon roared and felt like it was sufficiently intimidating.

Plus, this was the first fight where poo poo got properly real. That was a big chunk the dragon took out of the city, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a casualty or two next episode.

Be interesting what happens with the wimpy green-haired guy. This episode showed he’ll probably flip when the chips are down, but how long it’ll take remains an open question.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

They said that area was already evacuated because of the cat spaceship.

Sure, but on the other hand, this seems like the sort of show that pays attention to the consequences of its superpowered battles, so I’m not yet ruling out someone sneaking back to get something from their home and getting caught in the blast.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You folks been paying attention to the cast’s reflections in Soya’s visor in the ED? I think it’s significant that Takashi is the only one who doesn’t have one.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

All of these users are psychic to some degree, we don't know if the normal population would even be physically capable of fending off this sort of attack on just raw willpower.

I get the impression that cause and effect is switched around there - becoming a Paladin unlocks a human’s inherent psychic ability/allows the dragon to channel its power through you. I’m not sure they’re any more resistant to it than ordinary people (after all, Nezuya got chumped), they just have the weapons to destroy Sealing Faction constructs after shaking off the dream.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Welp with the assistant boldly proclaiming that there are only two factions left and the introduction of paradise dude we can all agree that there aren't really 2 factions left. The dragons flashbacks, the mystery of how the dragons dust got to him, they are all probably linked to that dude.

I’m thinking there’s a non-zero chance Soya is the dragon’s new host.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

I suspect it's kinda part of the Sealing Faction's self imposed 'we will have an even playing field' rule, that Shiraishi must lower herself to Soya's level.

Naah, she just didn’t want to admit that she looks old enough to convincingly impersonate a teenager.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

I agree that it’s probably just a joke about her assuming that her apparent age is student rather than teacher. Whether that’s going to reflect on the rest of her philosophy in any way remains to be seen. IE: she doesn’t think like an adult, etc. This came up with Takashi too, with Benika’s first reaction to hearing his plans for world domination being “are you a child?!”

I mean, you did see her magical girl transformation when she threw down with Takashi, didn’t you? Also, check out her reflection in the ED.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 21, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I loved how Shiraishi told them they had a week, and then the very next scene opened with ONE WEEK LATER. Mizukami don’t gently caress around.

Kind of surprised that volcano didn’t go off, though. I mean, what else are volcanos there for in super robot shows?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Killing Kouji Kabuto with lava?

And yet, no lava.

C’mon, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Generalissimo confirmed for big ol' manchild.