Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

All I know is, the sealing faction is lucky they're trying their "prevent violent evolution" bullshit on this world, instead of someplace with a Getter team.

Really, even the dragon seems mild once you start looking at that scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

tsob posted:

The Sealing Faction's soul numbing doesn't work by offering peaceful things as far as I understand it, it works by offering your greatest desires. If they love violence, then the seals would just incorporate that and offer them an endless battlefield where they can kill as much as they like as long as they like. I can see original manga Hayato falling in to that trap at least since he was just a ball of energy looking for a direction and a dream of unlimited choices and violence could potentially draw him in to following them.

The problem is, the sealing works by filling a need. Whatever emptiness drives you is answered, you're fulfilled, the end.

Trying to sate a Getter pilot's desire for violence with more violence is roughly equivalent to dousing a fire with gasoline.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I loved how Shiraishi told them they had a week, and then the very next scene opened with ONE WEEK LATER. Mizukami don’t gently caress around.

Kind of surprised that volcano didn’t go off, though. I mean, what else are volcanos there for in super robot shows?

Killing Kouji Kabuto with lava?