Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
This is available on the Xbox Game Pass so you can follow along at home. I'm in the middle of trying to 100% LEGO City Undercover (another great LEGO game) and will probably get onto it after, though playing the older ones always makes you miss the minor fixes from over the years.

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 is another good game that captures the spirit of this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I think the LEGO games based on movies now suffer from "we only use audio from the movies" so you get character voices that sound off all the time. The ones that have original storylines are usually better in that regard. LEGO Marvel Superheroes is a lot more fun than LEGO Marvel Avengers in my opinion. I couldn't stand hearing the same canned movie lines over and over again. *kills someone with Thor* "WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?!" *immediately kills someone else as Thor* "WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?!" It's annoying.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

i really like bumming around in the open worlds so it didn't bother me that much, but i understand why it would really grate on some people

The open worlds are fine until you're trying to find that last thing to destroy to get the last brick you need to 100% the game. :argh: That and those stupid LEGO City levels where you have to destroy every item to get exactly 1,000,000 studs. :shepicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Tombot posted:

Lego star wars 3 has kinda sorta a Dynasty warriors thing to it, thought its also part RTS. That game was weird.

I'd say it was trying to be LEGO Star Wars Battlefront than Dynasty Warriors. Those RTS-like sections are why I quit playing it though; couldn't stand the awful gameplay elements.

• Locked thread