Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Terrorist Terminato is the loving reason I take breath in the morning now. Oh my god. Oh my loving god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godinster posted:

'Remember, when you launch a grenade you launch a dream'

How can anyone record those lines without thinking either "this is really hosed up, I'm not doing this" and "this is obviously a set up" is beyond me.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Cheney interview was basically “I am in awe at the scale of your war crimes” and Cheney being “thank you, I’m flattered.”

If there ever was a supervillain of American government...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This show is so drat good

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"Did you wife want to see more Dick?"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This episode overall was much better than the first even if nothing quite reached the heights of the arming toddlers stuff. That town hall meeting at the end was loving hilarious

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Couple lines I enjoyed:

"This is not a matter of opinion."
"In your opinion."

The Cheney segment with the story about waterboarding Mosad's wife was very Borat.

I love the little lines they pepper in like "home of civil rights activist Timothy McVeigh."

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
it didnt take much to get that guy to say the n-word, or shout it with a wild passion

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nathan Fielder directed one of the segments last night

I predict it was Mosque town hall

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Town Hall people COULD NOT have been just a random group of people. They were probably either republican primary voters or some other targeted group.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
well they said they let some people they didnt like in, so maybe its the local welcoming committee

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovernorDeal/status/1021336979819122688

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyCagle/status/1021349639432400897

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

mcmagic posted:

The Town Hall people COULD NOT have been just a random group of people. They were probably either republican primary voters or some other targeted group.

Honestly, that's what I would expect from most small red-state towns. Heck, probably even a lot of small rural towns in blue-states.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He just said what you guys believe but don't say.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Here is a link to an article about the town hall meeting written back in January. The people interviewed for the article figured out that something was up at the time, but that didn't stop the others.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
When someone says, "Convince him or her that you are Chinese. Go," and this is your immediate response:

"A ching ching chong Konnichiwa red dragon, ha Bejing? Hong Kong ching a ming a Hong Kong. Shushi? A na ten ten ha. Ah, I see there red dragon. Ching chong. You speaka Chinee? Ho Chi Minh. Sank You, sank you. Red dragon, chop stick, sushi? Sushi? Ah ching chong."

You can't blame Cohen for that, gurl. Terrorists didn't make you do that.

I literally had to stop the show for a few minutes because I wasn't ready for that.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Martian Manfucker posted:

Here is a link to an article about the town hall meeting written back in January. The people interviewed for the article figured out that something was up at the time, but that didn't stop the others.

Hohohohoho which one in the audience was she, because the way she's describing her experience you just know she said some awful stuff and is going through exactly the "get out ahead of it" theatrics that the politicians on this show tried to do to save their image

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol a “great shopping center” on the market for years with a mofuckin dollar tree as an anchor store

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MiddleOne posted:

she didn't lmfao

I want this to somehow be mandatory school curriculum

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I can’t see this because they block GDPR countries from viewing the site (lol), could anyone paste it?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Can't help but wonder if he wasn't building up to some outrageous punchline with the Obama inauguration dummies that we didn't get to see because Koppel cut him off

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t see this because they block GDPR countries from viewing the site (lol), could anyone paste it?

Reality show taping fuels mosque rumor

By DK McDONALD The Daily News Jan 3, 2018 0

BULLHEAD CITY — A reality TV show production crew is apparently behind rumors regarding the supposed sale of a local shopping center in order to build a mosque.

Clear Meadow Films recruited people interested in participating in a focus group through local Facebook pages; attendees signed a consent form that allowed filming and use of the film on air.

Representatives of the production company did not return multiple requests for comment. The company lists its principal office as being in West Hollywood, Calif., but it has an LLC license in Wyoming with an initial filing date of Oct. 19, 2017.

“The speaker started off saying lots of jobs were coming to our area because we were chosen to begin a $385 million construction project on a plot of land in Kingman located at the Bank/Airway intersection,” said Venessa Mudge, a Kingman resident who attended a focus group meeting in Bullhead City. “He said the project was going to be the building of the world’s largest mosque outside of the Middle East. He implied that Muslims would take over our town and we’d all be converted or would have to move.”

Bullhead City residents who participated in the focus groups also were reportedly told

$385 million in reconstruction was planned to build a mosque relocating to the city — at the Safeway Marina Plaza.

“I think they were trying to piss us off, just for reactions,” said an attendee who asked not to be named. “Because the stuff they were stating was just absurd.”

The speaker told attendees that the land was purchased already and permits obtained for the building.

“He showed pictures of our town with business signs photoshopped into Muslim languages,” Mudge said. “He used many trigger statements like the Muslims would be protected from regular citizens to make sure there were no terror attacks from us.”

Mudge, who attended with her husband, said she and some of the other attendees speculated the purported focus group was going to be used to create a show or documentary about hate toward Muslims using the responses from the meeting.

“They claimed it (the filming) was for the architectural firm that was going to build the mosque,” she said. “We even tried pointing out to those around us to stop playing into the speaker’s hands by responding because it was all a set up. So many members responded with hate, some with blatant racism and a whole lot of ignorance.”

Mudge said she realized the group was fake when the speaker said the Kingman building site was already bought; she drives by the “for sale” signs every day.

Recruitment advertising on local Facebook pages under the name Cory Nicks offered $100 for anyone willing to participate in a community development focus group led by “a community relations representative for a real estate developer,” Mudge said. Residents from Kingman were paid $150 for the inconvenience of being bused to Bullhead City.

“They told us about the film crew when we got to the convention center,” Mudge said. “They didn’t ask us if we wanted to opt out once we found out about the film crew. They told us we couldn’t have our phone. They also had a security guard at the door to scan us with a detector or search any bags/purses we may have had with us.”

Bullhead City Mohave Valley Association of Realtors staff confirmed Clear Meadow Films rented conference space from noon to about midnight on Dec. 12, to record scenes for a reality TV show.

The producers reportedly worked with a third party to find the location.

In an email, Drew Marvick, a Las Vegas filmaker and location manager said, “I personally don’t work for Clear Meadow, I was just contracted to find a location in the Bullhead area that would be suitable for a real estate presentation. I wasn’t even present during the presentation. I simply got the keys from the venue and handed them off. The only contact with anyone I have had since that morning was with the venue telling me that they did a good job cleaning up after themselves so they would be getting their deposit back.”

No one from the production company has yet reclaimed their deposit on the conference room.

A search of Facebook for the account under which the original call for focus group participants was posted did not return any results. The link to the pre-survey taken by participants is no longer active. A participant took screen shots of the original request for participants, which also has been removed from a group where it was posted. The email address associated with the request for participants did not generate a response.

The genesis of the rumor appears to have come from a post made on a private Facebook page and copied to a public group in mid-December. The post included the information that the Safeway Marina Plaza was sold and that $384 million in reconstruction was planned to build a mosque for Muslims relocating to the city.

“It is absolutely not true,” said Frank Venti, owner of Bullhead City Marina Plaza. “Whoever said that is telling a bold-faced lie. Number one, it’s been on the market for a long time. Number two, it has not sold. Number three, there isn’t an offer. Number four, there are long-term leases on national stores there, including Safeway, Dollar Tree, O’Reilly’s and Black Bear restaurant — it’s a great shopping center. So to whoever brought this up, it is totally not credible.”

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I want to know where the rest of the funding was supposed to come from. He had to have an answer for that.

RoRz0r
Sep 7, 2010
First episode was sort of cringe but the second one was amazing. Hard to believe this is real. Sbc nailing it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

MiddleOne posted:

The man deserves a war crimes tribunal, but in the injust world we live in, I'll take asking him if his wife wants dick to his face.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

RoRz0r posted:

First episode was sort of cringe but the second one was amazing. Hard to believe this is real. Sbc nailing it

It was great. They payoff for each one was amazing. The lady from the Bachelor's first segment was ok, but it was important for setting up the PSA she made.

Same with the dude from Georgia. The stuff in the first segment was horrific, but he managed to top himself in the last one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh my god I missed the post credits scene before, holy poo poo

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I kind of felt bad for the Bachelor lady. I haven't seen that show so maybe she is just a legit bad person or in it for the money, but from the interview she legit came off as a person with an IQ of 60 or something.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

mcmagic posted:

I’ve been to Kingman, AZ. It’s the first real sign of active civilization you encounter if you cross the Hoover Dam to Arizona and keep going.

The big sign of economic activity is the TA truck stop with attached diner, where I had a nice enough dinner at a very reasonable price. The reaction didn’t really surprise me; it’s a very out of the way place and out of the way desert places in the West tend to be very dependent on defense for their economy. Whatever people the military is blowing up are bad people, because you don’t question the military there.

The reality is those people really don’t want big economic growth in their town, because it’ll change the character whether it’s a Muslim oriented development or not. NIMBY liberals that manipulate city governments to discourage chain stores, big boxes, and smash the windows of the incoming Starbucks that threaten the locally owned organic brewery are the same way. They’re just a bit more honest about it.

mcmagic posted:

He just said what you guys believe but don't say.

This is still a good thing because things get a lot worse when you don’t need a euphemism.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 23, 2018

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Good god, I struggled through most of episode 1 because it either just felt way too forced and not that funny but holy loving poo poo episode 2 was absolutely incredible and some of the best I've seen from him.

I can't wait for next week :allears:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He got an ELECTED OFFICIAL to:

Expose his bare rear end.
Run around without pants touching people with his bare rear end to "turn someone gay"
Yell the N word as loud as he can.
Yell Sand N as loud as he can.
Take a upskirt photo of a woman.
Make horrifically a racist attempt to mimic a Chinese person.

I don't know why I find this so stupefying...

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Jason Spencer posted:

“In 2017 I received countless death threats in connection with my introduction of legislation involving the wearing of masks. The threats escalated to the point that my wife received threatening phone calls concerning her and my children. I was very afraid for my safety and the safety of my entire family.

"Then, on June 14th, a gunman opened fire at members of Congress on a baseball field. I knew people on that field. Now, the fears I already had became more intensified as the reality of my family being targeted by a similar, deranged, would-be assassin became even more possible. I was in such a poor state of mind that my wife and I also undertook marriage counseling with a licensed therapist during this time.

"Sacha Baron Cohen and his associates took advantage of my paralyzing fear that my family would be attacked. In posing as an Israeli Agent, he pretended to offer self-defense exercises. As uncomfortable as I was to participate, I agreed to, understanding that these ‘techniques’ were meant to help me and others fend off what I believed was an inevitable attack.

"My fears were so heightened at that time, I was not thinking clearly nor could I appreciate what I was agreeing to when I participated in his ‘class.’ I was told I would be filmed as a ‘demonstration video’ to teach others the same skills in Israel. Sacha and his crew further lied to me, stating that I would be able to review and have final approval over any footage used.

"I deeply regret the language I used at his request as well as my participation in the ‘class’ in general. If I had not been so distracted by my fears, I never would have agreed to participate in the first place.

“I apologize to my family, friends, and the people of my district for this ridiculously ugly episode. Finally, there are calls for me to resign. I recently lost my primary election, so I will not eligible to hold office next term. Therefore, I will finish the remaining five months at my post and vacate my seat."

:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

"He took advantage of my fears to get me to say these terrible things that I'd certainly never say normally (but managed to do oh-so-easily and have a track record of saying pretty despicable things) I'M THE VICTIM HERE"

I also like the part where he makes it sound like he's resigning from the next term that he didn't win when in reality he's just confirming that he's going to finish out the remainder of the term that he has left because he lost his re-election bid.

Nice.

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 23, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I was so scared I bared my rear end for a camera and shouted the N word repeatedly before cutting off and eating a fake dick.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

PaybackJack posted:

“He showed pictures of our town with business signs photoshopped into Muslim languages,” Mudge said. “He used many trigger statements like the Muslims would be protected from regular citizens to make sure there were no terror attacks from us.”

"Muslim languages"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It blows my mind that these people believed that making these statements would make them look good and SBC look bad.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Think he missed the obvious joke with Cheney:

"Did your daughter want to see more Dick?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

OmegaBR posted:

Think he missed the obvious joke with Cheney:

"Did your daughter want to see more Dick?"

"I bet your daughter was getting tired of Dick."

edit for non-Americans: Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian

precision fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 24, 2018

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
I haven't seen the first episode, but I caught the second. Some of it kinda drags, like the segment where he's arguing about the people at Trump's inauguration but holy poo poo at the town hall one.

"I'm not implying anyone here is racist."
"I am! I'm racist against Muslims!"

:stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"There's black people here, and we TOLERATE 'em because we HAVE to" or whatever that one guy said

Totally went right over their heads when he said "It is good that you have black people here" like Jesus there's racist and then there's REALLY FUCKIN' RACIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go back and watch Borat and realize it came out in 2006 and literally nothing’s changed. If anything it’s gotten worse.

• Locked thread