Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MY WIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

mcmagic posted:

He got an ELECTED OFFICIAL to:

Expose his bare rear end.
Run around without pants touching people with his bare rear end to "turn someone gay"
Yell the N word as loud as he can.
Yell Sand N as loud as he can.
Take a upskirt photo of a woman.
Make horrifically a racist attempt to mimic a Chinese person.

I don't know why I find this so stupefying...

He got an elected official to do all of the above *on camera*.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

He got an elected official to do all of the above *on camera*.

That elected official is also not stepping down, btw

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

Make horrifically a racist attempt to mimic a Chinese person.

Konichiwa. Red Dragon. Sushi, Sushi.

It was like he was being racist at being racist.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The whole thing reminded me of this https://youtu.be/3XCFjN80BO8

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poo poo's gonna get meta if he does a borat impression.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Probably the people that voted for him also think the same as he does.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Quick reminder to those who may not have seen it to check out Nathan For You. It’s based in absurdism/capitalism rather than politics, but it’s also the most genius show of this kind I’ve ever seen, and it’s no surprise SBC brought Fielder on to work on this show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Given the response it seems like this is what SBC should be doing for the foreseeable future, I don't see how HBO doesn't renew the show unless they're just drowned in letters from pissed off people. The only question will be whether the show can keep going now that it's gotten more publicity, thus making it harder to pull off the tricks, or if they need to retool slightly and come at it from a different angle. I mean, Cohen was able to keep doing Ali G for quite awhile, but that wasn't aimed full-bore at major American political figures.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
HBO is not going to renew it.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I thought this was a showtime show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this is Showtime. Ali G was on HBO.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phi230 posted:

I thought this was a showtime show

Well then hbo is definitely not gonna renew it then

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"How are you gonna rape children and women without a dick? I am Jason Spencer and I am an elected official in the state of Georgia. I am a state representative and a member of the Georgia general assembly." *smash cut to the Filmed In Georgia logo*

Holy poo poo, this show. I didn't think it could get worse than the first episode, but good god. That whole child soldier ad had me simultaneously in complete disbelief and dying of laughter.

Man, he just comes across so many unabashed racists too :ohdear:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

GobiasIndustries posted:

He was primaried and lost to a 24 year old, which is I HOPE the only reason he isn’t stepping down.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

He was primaried and lost to a 24 year old, which is I HOPE the only reason he isn’t stepping down.
He probably would have won that primary if this had aired sooner.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NowonSA posted:

Given the response it seems like this is what SBC should be doing for the foreseeable future, I don't see how HBO doesn't renew the show unless they're just drowned in letters from pissed off people. The only question will be whether the show can keep going now that it's gotten more publicity, thus making it harder to pull off the tricks, or if they need to retool slightly and come at it from a different angle. I mean, Cohen was able to keep doing Ali G for quite awhile, but that wasn't aimed full-bore at major American political figures.

I believe you’re forgetting one mr future president Donald John trump and another mr Ronald Paul

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"How are you gonna rape children and women without a dick? I am Jason Spencer and I am an elected official in the state of Georgia. I am a state representative and a member of the Georgia general assembly." *smash cut to the Filmed In Georgia logo*

The only thing that would have made that even better is if he had ended with "And I endorse this message"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1021991380514729985?s=21
Spencer will step down.

This show is incredible and I can’t wait for next week.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 25, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In the year 2018, we take them out with comedians.

I am totally okay with this.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Megyn Kelly called SBC a bully lmao this owns so hard

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

Megyn Kelly called SBC a bully lmao this owns so hard

:qq: why does he keep forcing all these horrible people to say and do terribly racist stuff :qq:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Please let him have taped a Megyn Kelly segment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Orange Devil posted:

Please let him have taped a Megyn Kelly segment.

Same but Sean Hannity

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Man, he just comes across so many unabashed racists too :ohdear:

You'd be surprised at how many people are extremely racist but just don't say it unless they think you're on "their side".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Taear posted:

You'd be surprised at how many people are extremely racist but just don't say it unless they think you're on "their side".

I can't tell you how many people have turned to me to confide in and I'm like uhhhhh you might have misread this a little.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I guess the Truthbrary Guy is supposed to go after perceived liberals, but I’d love for him to meet a YouTube conspiracy nut and out-conspiracy him.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Craptacular! posted:

I guess the Truthbrary Guy is supposed to go after perceived liberals, but I’d love for him to meet a YouTube conspiracy nut and out-conspiracy him.

Our LORD Sacha Baron Cohen will provide. Have faith, friend.

After getting an elected official to chase him with his naked rear end and yell the n-word multiple times, I am convinced there is no miracle Cohen cannot accomplish.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Craptacular! posted:

he's interviewing sarah palin

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
The only character falling flat for me is the ultra liberal dude. It's not a bad concept but Cohen needs to use him like he uses Morrad, take him to an enclave of supposed allies and get them say outlandish poo poo (like "sure I'd gently caress a dolphin").

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The bar has been set so high though

Like getting a lib to say they'd gently caress a dolphin will never surpass guns for tots or an elected official thrusting his rear end while grunting at SBC

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
I mean that's the natural asymmetry of the liberal/conservative divide, but it's still better than what he's doing now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How does one even find an elected official that is actually willing to pull his pants down in front of a camera and yell friend of the family a bunch? I wonder how many people Cohen didn't actually "get" with these antics and didn't make the show?

Like, maybe that should be a memo passed around by the Republicans and Democrats. Something like, "Don't be a loving idiot if there is a drat camera rolling"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How does one even find an elected official that is actually willing to pull his pants down in front of a camera and yell friend of the family a bunch? I wonder how many people Cohen didn't actually "get" with these antics and didn't make the show?

Like, maybe that should be a memo passed around by the Republicans and Democrats. Something like, "Don't be a loving idiot if there is a drat camera rolling"

He’s a state level rep tbf, they tend to be a bit less.....polished, let’s say, compared to federal level reps

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah foreigners of smaller countries especially may not get how there’s so many layers of government and most people outside large coastal states can name a wackadoodle or two in state government. A lady floats between state and county level in my state who sends out Christmas calendars of her family wielding guns, and we had another state legislator who was censured for threatening to physically attack the other side on the floor.

In this case, SBC picked a guy with a record of pushing Islamophobic legislation.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I'm a foreigner from a smaller country. We have lower levels of government as well, like provinces and municipalities. Haven't seen any elected officials of either of those levels try to turn people gay with their asses while shouting racial slurs though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Donald Trump is president.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There is absolutely no way that all these people couldn't see the very obvious prosthetics. They are all playing along and hoping for some media exposure, right?

I mean, for example, Bernie did the stupid bit cause he knows that young people watch these comedy shows and that this will get him a chance to present his position, right? Same goes for the butt guy. He probably wanted for this to show up on CNN to get his message out to other deranged rubes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s not totally unbelievable to me that maybe conservatives are just indeed that loving dumb. Just look at the things they do and say in their own echo chambers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've only seen the Morrad dude so far, going to catch up on the full episodes this weekend I think, but while the prosthetics are obvious they're done in such a way I could totally buy people thinking his face has just been hosed up in some horrible accident or something. Like he looks like a dude who's been hit in the face five too many times.

It's super noticable around his mouth when he talks tho

• Locked thread