Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

I winced when the food critic opened the condom. Why on earth would you even consider eating that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
How is Chu-mai?
*Looks into the camera* Splendid

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cretler posted:

I winced when the food critic opened the condom. Why on earth would you even consider eating that?

:decorum:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cretler posted:

That’s still better than happily eating what he thought was human flesh.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’s still better than happily eating what he thought was human flesh.

loving hell this entire show is literally a longform treatise demanding we kill the rich. Like goddamn. That greasy motherfucker.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The political sections in this one weren’t so hot but the birth and food critic sections ruled

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

datajugend posted:

he isnt doing any scandi accents, its just swedish chef noise making

He's absolutely doing a scandi accent and also making Scandinavian noises, those aren't mutually exclusive concepts!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

The political sections in this one weren’t so hot but the birth and food critic sections ruled

Yeah that was a real good episode and I was extremely :stonklol: as the chef thing kept going

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Taintrunner posted:

loving hell this entire show is literally a longform treatise demanding we kill the rich. Like goddamn. That greasy motherfucker.

Eat the rich before they eat us.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He wanted to eat that again.

I've always wondered do they hire extremely talented cooks, artists, and the like to recreate the poo poo that's supposed to fool critics?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao this birth

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Curious, I can't watch the show yet cause I am waiting to get Showtime but how did the Stein interview play out? I personally think she is an absolute self-serving imbecile so...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

fawning deference posted:

Curious, I can't watch the show yet cause I am waiting to get Showtime but how did the Stein interview play out? I personally think she is an absolute self-serving imbecile so...

It was kind of boring. It was her being very patient with him while reiterating a few times that she is, indeed, a scientist.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

esperterra posted:

It was kind of boring. It was her being very patient with him while reiterating a few times that she is, indeed, a scientist.

Gotcha. Oh man not to derail too much but her AMA a couple years back was such a tasty trainwreck. It was filled with real scientists telling her how much of a pseudo/anti science nutjob she was.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

fawning deference posted:

She was fine and trying to be nice to Cohen’s character. Segment wasn’t that funny because of that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

When he pulled out the picture of the CIA hurricane chopper and she was just like 'lol you can't make a hurricane by stirring the air with a whisk, do you want to know how they're really made tho??' in the nicest way ever

tbh that alone was p funny to me but yeah it was a boring segment in general

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm not really familiar with Stein's stuff, but wouldn't it make more sense for him to research that beforehand and bait her into saying crazy poo poo?

That's what he should be doing with that character. Get the crazies to say crazy poo poo point blank into the camera.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The segment with Howard Dean was pretty good though.:lol:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not really familiar with Stein's stuff, but wouldn't it make more sense for him to research that beforehand and bait her into saying crazy poo poo?

That's what he should be doing with that character. Get the crazies to say crazy poo poo point blank into the camera.

Or maybe instead of searching for confirmation of your beliefs maybe realize there’s a reason Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders are the most reasonable people on the show?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Or maybe instead of searching for confirmation of your beliefs maybe realize there’s a reason Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders are the most reasonable people on the show?

haha i dont think jill stein is more reasonable than the rapgenius guy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Taintrunner posted:

I would 100% have voted for the art gallery lady

Bernie/Art Gallery Lady 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

scary ghost dog posted:

haha i dont think jill stein is more reasonable than the rapgenius guy

About everything I hear about Jill Stein is basically the same as Greens everywhere; people literally don't bother to actually listen to a word she says or look up her policies, they just immediately and blindly assume every crazy hippie stereotype, while she's probably pretty ideologically consistent and reasonable herself. (Of course, like Greens everywhere, no doubt have their own considerable problems everyone ignores in favour of the ones they made up)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the food guy didn't really believe he was eating chinese dissident, surely? Or that the veal had been up someone's rear end for a week? Just humoring the possibly mad ex con? Maybe food critics are way crazier than I knew.

Also I liked that it did a credits surprise, when youtube guy's name popped up and then ran the section. Can't remember much of it but I just like when credits do that.

Anyway, the birth bit was great and the food bit was great

and the Erran bit made me laugh because terrorists planning attacks around people being stuck on the toilet is great and burglar fisting lessons and basically that bit was great too because it was just funny with no out-and-out giant bastards and sometimes you need a break from those people

e: wait, I just remembered one of my favourite bits from the episode, the temperature being cyclical gag where it was just the seasons. that cracked me up something fierce

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 22, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

About everything I hear about Jill Stein is basically the same as Greens everywhere; people literally don't bother to actually listen to a word she says or look up her policies, they just immediately and blindly assume every crazy hippie stereotype, while she's probably pretty ideologically consistent and reasonable herself. (Of course, like Greens everywhere, no doubt have their own considerable problems everyone ignores in favour of the ones they made up)

She's anti-vax.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nah she isn’t

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Escobarbarian posted:

nah she isn’t

She’s also not the reason Trump won.:ssh:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Food critics are insane art people who can't make it doing art so they write fooddee blogs and poo poo. He definitely believed he was eating thats poo poo and depending on when they sign stuff for the Show, possibly has eaten it before.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbh I bet the food really was quite tasty and made by a good chef, the meat anyway b/c lol that appie was hilarious

how drat sincere the critic was about it though esp w/ the presentation of food he had been given like jfc lmao

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Food critics are insane art people who can't make it doing art so they write fooddee blogs and poo poo. He definitely believed he was eating thats poo poo and depending on when they sign stuff for the Show, possibly has eaten it before.

:gonk:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, wow, "say thank you to his family" like idk i would give it my gusto if that's what the family wanted. The critics are coming off very sincere lol.

but that dude was like butter, and i knew he knew what was up, because people tastes like nutty butter.

maybe he heard the same rumours though? idk.

e: Ive never prepared or eaten a human.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

tbh I bet the food really was quite tasty and made by a good chef, the meat anyway b/c lol that appie was hilarious

how drat sincere the critic was about it though esp w/ the presentation of food he had been given like jfc lmao
In the end credits they give special thanks to Gordon Ramsay, so I rear end-ume the aged beef thing was the real deal.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my loving god, I couldn't stop laughing at that food critic segment :lol: I don't even care if he was in on the joke. That's one of the best things this show has produced so far.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Taear posted:

She's anti-vax.

She's not really anti-vax, but she does just ask a lot of "questions" when it comes to vaccines. It's more to appeal to the anti-science dipshits who support the Green Party. Still, it's a really irresponsible thing for a medical doctor to do.

She also has "questions" about wifi. lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bet Jill Stein's wifi password is a Cranberries song.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mobby_6kl posted:

In the end credits they give special thanks to Gordon Ramsay, so I rear end-ume the aged beef thing was the real deal.

I think he contributed some voice over work for that segment? May have prepared the meals as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I bet the food was actually some nice af meat to really help sell it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
massaging meat by putting it in a condom and then up your rear end while you walk around a bit wouldn't even crack top 10 weird cooking facts tbqh

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
He was pretending to be a British chef, TBH rear end-meat is probably better than whatever British people actually eat.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1032672183536033793?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Funny but I wish he recorded a video in-character for that.

• Locked thread