Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/showhoisamerica/status/1033082890412642304?s=21
The next episode is apparently the last one. I was hoping we’d get at least 10.:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m ok with it only being seven eps. It definitely already peaked.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

But this show is about who is America.

Turtlicious posted:

When have we ever just done the easy / right thing

Turtlicious posted:

I mean since ww2.

considering we dropped nuclear bombs on two Japanese cities, that last post's a little superfluous

prayin' for Palin

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Cohen needs to celebrate McCain's demise by roasting his old running mate

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/showhoisamerica/status/1033082890412642304?s=21
The next episode is apparently the last one. I was hoping we’d get at least 10.:(

This tweet better mean we're getting Palin.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1033804403952820224

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HOLY poo poo

I mean it should have been a given that he'd end the season/show on a massive high note, but I was not expecting that

(Still hope we get Palin too)

precision fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 27, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh god. He’s gonna get OJ to actually admit it huh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I literally fell asleep watching American Crime Story last night haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:staredog:

Oh I can't wait for this hahahahahaha

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

No Palin :( she did get a shoutout in the credits though

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 27, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was kinda meh. The sketch with the Trump guys went on way too long. I did lose my poo poo at them all pretending to have sex with the Trump dummy though and the two guys giving compliments to each other.

The OJ sketch wasn’t that great since he wasn’t really biting.

I’ll miss this show and would like to see more if he can get away with it still. At least I hope we can see cut stuff someday.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 27, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
We dont deserve Erran Morad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

That was kinda meh. The sketch with the Trump guys went on way too long. I did lose my poo poo at them all pretending to have sex with the Trump dummy though.

I thought that was great the whole way through. The gangbang they did with the dummy was :stonklol: as hell and that guy apparently believing he had successfully killed a member of antifa was... something!

The fakeout with the ending credits makes me hope that this being the last episode is also a fakeout and next week the Palin episode is going to appear out of nowhere at 10:15.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

That was kinda meh. The sketch with the Trump guys went on way too long. I did lose my poo poo at them all pretending to have sex with the Trump dummy though and the two guys giving compliments to each other.

The OJ sketch wasn’t that great since he wasn’t really biting.

I’ll miss this show and would like to see more if he can get away with it still. At least I hope we can see cut stuff someday.

I don't think this has registered for some people yet, that one dude thought he actually killed someone he just had a face-to-face conversation with. All because he didn't agree with their political ideologies.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I could see what he was going for with OJ but he wasn't biting

He said "You shot two people!" hoping that OJ would correct him and say "actually I stabbed two people"

Valiant effort

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Twerkdad posted:

I don't think this has registered for some people yet, that one dude thought he actually killed someone he just had a face-to-face conversation with. All because he didn't agree with their political ideologies.

That was pretty drat scary. Cohen did yet another great job showing how people will do absurd and evil things if they think they’re following someone with authority.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Goddammit I want to see that Palin footage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

Goddammit I want to see that Palin footage.

Maybe "someone" will "leak" it to "the pirate bay"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It probably wasn’t very good. Because you know sure as poo poo they would have if it was.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Apparently OJ got seriously paid for this appearance. And maybe knew it was a gag the whole time?

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/02/what-are-sacha-baron-cohen-and-oj-simpson-up-to

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This show started out amazing and ended up as a bit of a disappointment.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

this was great

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I love everything about Glenn’s segment.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
The Antifa segment was good, the rest was meh.

OJ wasn't biting in the slightest so it was just the character saving off colour stuff while he was in the room.

The show peaked with the Georgia representative in one of the earlier episode.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zesty posted:

It probably wasn’t very good. Because you know sure as poo poo they would have if it was.

According to Palin it was a Truthbrary segment, so yeah it probably wasn't mind blowing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Twerkdad posted:

I kind of got the sense Glenn wasn't all there after that. Him not being able to remember which liberal he murdered later was pretty messed up too

The show definitely peaked early with Dick Cheney and the Georgia state rep whose name I can't remember, but I enjoyed it to the end. Maybe I'm pettier than some of you but I'm fine with segments like the OJ segment where it was less about tripping up the mark (though kudos for his attempt with "you shot two people!") and more about dunking on bad people to their face for several uncomfortable minutes

EugeneJ posted:

According to Palin it was a Truthbrary segment, so yeah it probably wasn't mind blowing
Yeah none of the Truthbrary poo poo really worked. Everything good on this show came from Erran Morad or Gio.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I liked last weeks Truthbrarry segment where he admits to sharing a needle with a homeless person with Aids.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

I kind of got the sense Glenn wasn't all there after that. Him not being able to remember which liberal he murdered later was pretty messed up too

The show definitely peaked early with Dick Cheney and the Georgia state rep whose name I can't remember, but I enjoyed it to the end. Maybe I'm pettier than some of you but I'm fine with segments like the OJ segment where it was less about tripping up the mark (though kudos for his attempt with "you shot two people!") and more about dunking on bad people to their face for several uncomfortable minutes

Yeah none of the Truthbrary poo poo really worked. Everything good on this show came from Erran Morad or Gio.

Gio over Dr Nira?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Darko posted:

Gio over Dr Nira?

100%

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not all of Gio worked but for me the reference in the thread's title was the peak. I was in total disbelief watching that segment.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not all of Gio's segments worked but the same can be said of Dr Nira, imo. They were both pretty hit or miss, I just found the Gio character funnier on the whole than Nira.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Nothing beat the town hall segment for me. In a lot of the other scenes it felt like he had to lead people too much into saying something terrible while the town hall comments were just racists being racist, albeit with a hilariously over the top setup.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah the Town Hall segment was great and peak Nira for me. Though I loved every time he mentioned the Yurt in which his family dwelled.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The town hall and the birth were great, but his other segments were meh

Every Gio segment was gold, but there were less of them

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Him coaching them on how to recite the plot to a specific episode of Girls was one of my favorite bits

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Astro7x posted:

I liked last weeks Truthbrarry segment where he admits to sharing a needle with a homeless person with Aids.

I LOVED that. When he was saying he sterilized the tube (not the needle), so it should be fine! Didn't want any discrepancies, so we used the same needle.
His scientific method is so beautifully hosed up

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The whole season felt like it was leading up to the Antifa segment honestly. Getting a wildly racist person to actually commit "murder" in a way that would make Derren Brown blush. Granted it's very different to push a button than to do it in person but he still did it and he did it on camera. It's loving wild.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Him coaching them on how to recite the plot to a specific episode of Girls was one of my favorite bits

Marnie! Marnie! Marnie! Marnie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He really thought he killed a person, what the gently caress.

• Locked thread