Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I kind of felt bad for the Bachelor lady. I haven't seen that show so maybe she is just a legit bad person or in it for the money, but from the interview she legit came off as a person with an IQ of 60 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The whole thing reminded me of this https://youtu.be/3XCFjN80BO8

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Android Blues posted:

There are thinkpieces on Vulture and Vanity Fair about how the Corinne Olympios segment wasn't funny/had no point because it wasn't about a politician, and it was unfair to target her because there was an uneven power dynamic.

I think that's total nonsense. She literally claimed that her celebrity prevented the massacre of six thousand people and then endorsed arming child soldiers. The farthest Vulture will go is to say that she's vapid, but that's not vapid, that's evil and it's infantilising to suggest that she was "tricked" into saying something vile just because she's a famous woman instead of an old white male politician. Like, what, she's too stupid to be bad? The only thing she was concerned about was getting caught in her lie.

Olympios also claims that she was in fear for her life and was separated from her manager despite repeated attempts to talk to him. That could be true? But it also seems like something someone with no scruples and no conscience would say if they wanted to rehabilitate their image after being exposed as totally amoral on television.

I have no idea who this woman is, but she seemed like legit mentally handicapped and would do pretty much anything a person of perceived authority would tell her to do (which is a thing that happens, regardless of the person's wealth or stature), which is why it came off as weird to me. Although maybe the same could be said about Jason Spencer, so just gently caress them all I guess.

Except for the gallery lady, she owned.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 26, 2018

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If you wanna take it even further you could say that the town hall people were racist mainly because they were most likely extremely poor and uneducated and their environment is the product of an insular culture that is in part created by giant corporations like Fox News. Sacha did nothing to address the underlying issues and instead just punched down on a group of people who probably couldn't have changed their ways even if they wanted to.

But on the other hand fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck those racist assholes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The whole season felt like it was leading up to the Antifa segment honestly. Getting a wildly racist person to actually commit "murder" in a way that would make Derren Brown blush. Granted it's very different to push a button than to do it in person but he still did it and he did it on camera. It's loving wild.

• Locked thread