Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Taear posted:

I found the faux-left guy really boring because SBC's gimmick is a lot more fun when he's getting people to dig their own graves. If he's just listing a load of ridiculous stuff to people and they're going "Oh that's terrible" then where's the joke?

His Israeli Army Guy was fun though and was easily the best bit of the show.

Agreed. The old Borat method of making people uncomfortable just pales in comparison to the ridiculous stuff Morad got those guys to go along with. That said, Dr. Nira could easily be used to trick liberals into saying equally outlandish things. I'm willing to bet there are some out there that would support his wife's bestiality or children's toilet directives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Think he missed the obvious joke with Cheney:

"Did your daughter want to see more Dick?"

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

The segments that make people feel uncomfortable just don't hold a candle to the segments where he tries to get people to say and do really outlandish things, playing off the Milgram Effect.

To that end, I'd like to see Dr. Nira interact with other liberals, the way Erran interacts with fellow gun nuts. Nira just makes right-wing folks look at him funny, and those segments get pretty old fast (the children's book was great though.)

The wealthy Italian is the weakest character by far, even the wig looks pretty fake. The YouTuber was an odd choice to interview Sheriff Joe, but I guess all the characters essentially do the same thing. Makes me want a segment where he sets up a series of interviews with the same person and does every character, seeing if they'll eventually catch on (Palin would be a good one for such an undertaking.)

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I've been on twitter. There are plenty of people on the left who are indeed stupid.

I forget where I read this exactly, might have even been this thread, but the reason Erran works the best, is because people aren't just playing along with his act, they actively want to impress him. They don't just agree with the idea that Muslims are terrorists and could invade your office, they want to do well in his defense course. They follow his instructions because they want to be the hero in the situation.

In that sense, having someone like Dr. Nira, purportedly an esteemed professor traveling the nation to "heal the divide," speak to certain people on the left with his more outlandish ideas, like the super mosque or his sex-filled children's book, would produce similar results. At least, much better results than presenting them to people on the right, who are only going to look at him funny.

• Locked thread