Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Taintrunner posted:

This show is a masterpiece if only for that Terrorist Terminato power walk, but holy gently caress, that entire gun segment is a masterclass in how incredibly insane American politics is. I don’t know how they top that.

Yeah that was batshit insane and gave me one of the biggest absurd laughs I can recall at "...and a rudimentary knowledge of mortars." That he was able to find politicians able to get behind "give guns to literal toddlers" is insane to me, but it's been a nice reminder that there are plenty of stupid politicians out there and plenty of one with an extreme hard-on for guns, and I guess he found the ones with an abundance of both traits and exploited the hell out of them.

With all the far more famous republicans I've already heard he duped I have to believe this gun stuff will be topped, but drat he set a high bar right out the gate. I want this show to last forever and stand as a testament to how we need to get out poo poo together in a fairly major way and elect qualified and intelligent people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Given the response it seems like this is what SBC should be doing for the foreseeable future, I don't see how HBO doesn't renew the show unless they're just drowned in letters from pissed off people. The only question will be whether the show can keep going now that it's gotten more publicity, thus making it harder to pull off the tricks, or if they need to retool slightly and come at it from a different angle. I mean, Cohen was able to keep doing Ali G for quite awhile, but that wasn't aimed full-bore at major American political figures.

• Locked thread