Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Cheney interview was basically “I am in awe at the scale of your war crimes” and Cheney being “thank you, I’m flattered.”

If there ever was a supervillain of American government...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

mcmagic posted:

The Town Hall people COULD NOT have been just a random group of people. They were probably either republican primary voters or some other targeted group.

I’ve been to Kingman, AZ. It’s the first real sign of active civilization you encounter if you cross the Hoover Dam to Arizona and keep going.

The big sign of economic activity is the TA truck stop with attached diner, where I had a nice enough dinner at a very reasonable price. The reaction didn’t really surprise me; it’s a very out of the way place and out of the way desert places in the West tend to be very dependent on defense for their economy. Whatever people the military is blowing up are bad people, because you don’t question the military there.

The reality is those people really don’t want big economic growth in their town, because it’ll change the character whether it’s a Muslim oriented development or not. NIMBY liberals that manipulate city governments to discourage chain stores, big boxes, and smash the windows of the incoming Starbucks that threaten the locally owned organic brewery are the same way. They’re just a bit more honest about it.

mcmagic posted:

He just said what you guys believe but don't say.

This is still a good thing because things get a lot worse when you don’t need a euphemism.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 23, 2018

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I guess the Truthbrary Guy is supposed to go after perceived liberals, but I’d love for him to meet a YouTube conspiracy nut and out-conspiracy him.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah foreigners of smaller countries especially may not get how there’s so many layers of government and most people outside large coastal states can name a wackadoodle or two in state government. A lady floats between state and county level in my state who sends out Christmas calendars of her family wielding guns, and we had another state legislator who was censured for threatening to physically attack the other side on the floor.

In this case, SBC picked a guy with a record of pushing Islamophobic legislation.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It was possibly a boring interview. His stuff is always edited.

If he doesn’t feel like including it, fine. If the network doesn’t, not-so-fine. It’s like a modern day Andy Kauffman; you let the guy present what he wants and then accept him disappearing once everybody is too in on the joke.

• Locked thread