Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MoaM posted:

I'm glad this show is on Showtime, because I'm 100% sure that art gallery owner would get ridiculed and harassed out of business (or something worse) if this show had a much wider audience.

No way dude, the art world is batshit. He said he had Banksy's pubic hair on his brush. And as long as Showtime/SBC had done enough to make the existence of the guy plausible that situation came off as completely realistic. Hell, she bought it enough to give him pubes. I'm sure it would have made a lot more sense if we had seen the pre-show pitch where Sacha Baron Cohen's employee went to tell her about this "hot new underground London artist" who "knows Banksy" and produces a few fake articles about his art made to look as if they came from legit sources.

The last segment was great and hopefully that's how the show goes from here. Now that Nathan For You exists SBC has a lot of catching up to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Those loving frosted tips killed me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Elentor posted:

Assuming the whole thing wasn't staged, the art gallery lady was great and the way she handled the situation loving ruled.

Yeah she was really cool, she came off better than even Bernie lmao

edit: nobody really knows who he is enough to instantly know what's going on so I don't know why he goes so far with the prosthetics for some of the characters. I mean the NPR guy looked like an actual movie monster and it was distracting. Overall that was my least favorite because he went a little too ridiculous with the "bathroom camera" deal and then the loving dolphin sex. And he didn't really bait them into saying anything too funny.

precision fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 17, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It just hit me, the art dealer lady was basically Leslie Knope of the Art World

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

OmegaBR posted:

Think he missed the obvious joke with Cheney:

"Did your daughter want to see more Dick?"

"I bet your daughter was getting tired of Dick."

edit for non-Americans: Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian

precision fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 24, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"There's black people here, and we TOLERATE 'em because we HAVE to" or whatever that one guy said

Totally went right over their heads when he said "It is good that you have black people here" like Jesus there's racist and then there's REALLY FUCKIN' RACIST

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In the year 2018, we take them out with comedians.

I am totally okay with this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Android Blues posted:

Like, the whole thing in that segment is Cohen's character telling her, "we want you to do this evil thing, we'll pay you and no-one will know you did it", and she chooses to do it. It's a cut and dry moral test that she fails spectacularly.

Yep. Classic Banality Of Evil stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can’t wait for the Sarah Palin interview.

Same

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When do they put it up for streaming? I used my free trial on this show (and to rewatch Twin Peaks S3)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah the cops showing up and the rap battle were great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mcbexx posted:

The pieces of the Quinceañera segment fell in place so beautifully, it could have been a "Curb your Enthusiasm" episode.

"What are the condoms and KY for?"
*close-up on the guy in a dress*
*Curb theme plays*

The thing I was hoping for was that he was gonna actually do really well in the rap battle. What he did was funny but totally predictable. If he had stayed in that style of speaking but actually knocked it out of the park it would have been way funnier and I think that crowd would have gone with it, they were having a lot of fun when he did the "macro-penis" diss at the end.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ehhh kinda weak episode, though parts were certainly funny enough. The last segment was pretty good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The yacht guy has 100% sold yachts to people who were doing blow off a model's tits in front of him, that was probably tame compared to some stuff he's seen

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

a bitchin jetski posted:

The last bit was ok. The rest was edited to gently caress because no one was really biting.

That douchey club promoter was 100% all in on the track and the guy. He was like the smarmy flip side to the cool art lady.

I wonder if the next episodes are gonna be straight fire or if he really did just put the best stuff in the first two eps and called it a day. I don't see any way in which the Palin interview wouldn't be funny. Every time she talks it's funny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

The political sections in this one weren’t so hot but the birth and food critic sections ruled

Yeah that was a real good episode and I was extremely :stonklol: as the chef thing kept going

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Taintrunner posted:

Or maybe instead of searching for confirmation of your beliefs maybe realize there’s a reason Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders are the most reasonable people on the show?

I would 100% have voted for the art gallery lady

Bernie/Art Gallery Lady 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bet Jill Stein's wifi password is a Cranberries song.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
massaging meat by putting it in a condom and then up your rear end while you walk around a bit wouldn't even crack top 10 weird cooking facts tbqh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/showhoisamerica/status/1033082890412642304?s=21
The next episode is apparently the last one. I was hoping we’d get at least 10.:(

This tweet better mean we're getting Palin.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HOLY poo poo

I mean it should have been a given that he'd end the season/show on a massive high note, but I was not expecting that

(Still hope we get Palin too)

precision fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 27, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I literally fell asleep watching American Crime Story last night haha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

That was kinda meh. The sketch with the Trump guys went on way too long. I did lose my poo poo at them all pretending to have sex with the Trump dummy though.

I thought that was great the whole way through. The gangbang they did with the dummy was :stonklol: as hell and that guy apparently believing he had successfully killed a member of antifa was... something!

The fakeout with the ending credits makes me hope that this being the last episode is also a fakeout and next week the Palin episode is going to appear out of nowhere at 10:15.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

Goddammit I want to see that Palin footage.

Maybe "someone" will "leak" it to "the pirate bay"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The town hall and the birth were great, but his other segments were meh

Every Gio segment was gold, but there were less of them

• Locked thread