Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

sean10mm posted:

It's basically watching an A grade comedy cast wrestle with a C grade script. It's not terrible, but there are long stretches where it seems like the writers forgot to even try to be funny, and the actors are just trying to power through dialogue that's just sort of there. Nothing is scary even on the level of the librarian ghost scene, nothing is really threatening and nothing seems to matter very much. By the end of the movie the heroes have saved the day, but the characters themselves don't seem that happy about it. I wanted to like it but really struggled to maintain interest.

At least that's my hot take.

This is the most reasonably accurate thing I've read on it.

Tonally, the humour was all over the place (a bit like GB2). The "Jaws Mayor" joke stitched me up, but that and the "xxx sr has been dead for 50 years" joke gag feel pulled from a Zucker movie rather than the movie you're actually watching.

Alan_Shore posted:

Not only that, but when Venkman is chewed out by the Dean, it's the only time he doesn't have a come back. Just a deadpan "I see."

Dean Yeager's turn around and smile move is one of the finest bits of physical comedy in cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

twerking on the railroad posted:

Venkman is a horrible rear end in a top hat who should rightfully ruin the film

Venkman's markedly more of an rear end in a top hat in the second film, which adds to overall effect of it being a charm-free copy of the first.