Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

You don't come into the Ghostbusters thread and say it's not the best movie ever made.

But go on, name your favorite.

those are 2 very different things though. The best movie ever made is about as close as you can get to perfection within a film or genre and is universally beloved or at least respected. You favorite movie can be anything good, mediocre, or sucks poo poo.

3 Ninjas can easily be your favorite film, but there is no loving way it is one of the best movies ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Liberal Idiot posted:

Complaining about cartoons is Peak Goon, I know, but the jump from Lorenzo Music's deadpan to Coulier just doing 75% Carl from "Caddyshack" was jarring.

It wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't right when the overall writing went from decent/pretty good for an 80s kids show to terrible/par for most 80s kids shows.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminded that the Ghostbusters comics had a crossover between the movie Ghostbusters (whom the comics were focused on post-GB2) and The Real Ghostbusters, and the differences between them were pointed out. Also the Ninja Turtles. (and later on the 2016 Ghostbusters, probably by contractual obligation)

There were two TMNT crossovers. They weren't that bad either.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One of also had the Real Ghostbusters in it too!

I just flipped through my trades and didn't see any RGBs in the TMNT crossovers. But the RGB crossover was pretty fantastic. Having Cartoon Venkman trash talk movie venkman was great.

The 2016 crossover wasn't bad, but it made me hate Mckinnon's character, but it still had some good gags from her and more Patty is always cool.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Timby posted:

Given the turbulent development history of The Video Game, it's a miracle that it ever actually came out.

didn't they lose their deal with activision so they scrambled to find a new publisher in Atari?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ghostbusters as a franchise fascinates me because people are diehard about it even though the entire franchise has only ever produced one good thing, the original movie

Like, the entire legacy of the series is one good movie and a bunch of stuff never as good as that movie

that cartoon was probably the best written cartoons of the 80s (only for 2 seasons) and the new comic is good as well. Hell even the second cartoon wasn't all that bad, but it didn't stand out as much as other shows.

edit: beaten